Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

white

ORY-custom vs tsp

hey guys,
    I'm gonna be picking up some headers soon for my 98 auto camaro and don't know which way to go.
    I'm thinking pacesetter headers with the texas speed ory but I've heard there can be fitment issues with it either hitting the body or not matching up well and having to be modified.
    Would it be better to have a shop just make me an ory in the first place and drive it there open headers?

silver
    2000 formula

seems the TSP ORY fits better on pacesetters than their own headers.......from what i have heard

Black
    1998 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by sjsingle1 View Post
    seems the TSP ORY fits better on pacesetters than their own headers.......from what i have heard
    They dont fit the TSP Headers. In the description it says for pacesetter, hookers headers. I just ordered pacesetters and the TSP ORY last night but its back ordered for two weeks. In the past everyone has said the TSP y fits really well. Recently ive heard of a few people having problems. But that could always be the installer also.

blue
    1998 Trans Am ls1

Quote Originally Posted by T/A98 View Post
    They dont fit the TSP Headers. In the description it says for pacesetter, hookers headers. I just ordered pacesetters and the TSP ORY last night but its back ordered for two weeks. In the past everyone has said the TSP y fits really well. Recently ive heard of a few people having problems. But that could always be the installer also.
    Good point... Mine fit great, patience is the key thing here, it just cant be thrown on and bolted tight the first time. It takes some wiggling, twisting, turning and tweaking one piece at a time from front to back. I guess it varies with every car tho, the first time i roughly put mine on the darn thing was pointing at the back passenger tire. I actually had to trim a 1/2" off the one piece to get it centered again. Its kind of a pain that it comes in five pieces but i think it helps with gaining a little more ground clearance. Imo, i think it fit really well, iam happy with it. Take your time with it tho!

Black
    1998 Trans Am

It comes in 5 pieces?!? I thought it was one big pre welded piece?

white

considering it seems to fit so good maybe I'll try that and see how it goes. The muffler shop quoted me 280 vs 130 for the tsp so that alone would be worth a try.

Black
    2002 Trans am WS6 pkg

Yup. I'm one of the "lucky" guys who ordered tsp lt's and tsp ory. Horrible decision. I had to cut and weld the pipe after the y in order for the catback to fit. If there was another aftermarket y that fits with tsp lt's i'd buy them.
    I hear great reviews of the y with pacesetter headers so I'm sure you'll be fine

blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

no questions asked..get a custom one..a custom one will fit, will tuck up nice, will not give you any troubles.

blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

Quote Originally Posted by pk222 View Post
    considering it seems to fit so good maybe I'll try that and see how it goes. The muffler shop quoted me 280 vs 130 for the tsp so that alone would be worth a try.
    now think about that for a minute .....130 vs 280...for the 280..it will fit, it will be tucked up nice and you wont need to sell it, or add any more money into it to make it fit etc.

130 for a y pipe that might fit...so worst case scenario you need to sell it..you'll get what 75 out of it maybe...so now you need a new y pipe and plus the 55 dollars you are out ......a custom exhaust while more expensive will always be the better choice

blue
    1998 Trans Am ls1

yup, my tsp ory came in 5 pieces. It fit well with my pacesetters and my magnaflo cb fit really well on the other end. coulndt be any happier with the end result
    Last edited by razer900; 05-04-2010 at 08:02 AM.

white

I'll call around to a few more shops and see if I can get a better quote because for that amount of work at a muffler shop that seems to high.
    I don't think I've heard of anyone getting a custom ory yet? Theres been a couple discussions about it on here but I don't think anyone has done it.

Black
    1998 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by razer900 View Post
    yup, my tsp ory came in 5 pieces. It fit well with my pacesetters and my magnaflo cb fit really well on the other end. coulndt be any happier with the end result

Thats the exact setup ill have. im glad to hear it fits well

Black
    2002 Trans am WS6 pkg

I think mine is 4 peices in retrospect

blue
    1998 Trans Am ls1

Quote Originally Posted by blackbird0230 View Post
    I think mine is 4 peices in retrospect
    maybe it is four? its been a while since i seen it last. Someone chime in if iam wrong but iam thinking 5 pc. Doesent matter anyway.

blue
    1998 Trans Am ls1

fits well and the sound is awesome. Ive had tons of compliments on the sound! Youll love it

red
    99 camaro

^^^ Its 4 pieces... Mine fit like shit... But it worked in the end...

Black
    2002 Trans am WS6 pkg

Its the merge, the passenger side L and the driver side has an L and that little bended peice.

4 peices

silver
    2000 formula

my 130$ TSP ORY ended up after the muffler shop work to make it fit..........a 330$ ORY

autoconnectionllc.com 02transamce's Avatar

2007 Corvette
    Ebony

i wouldn't recommend the pacesetter y,but the pacesetter headers are outstanding.the y is 3 inch and WILL bang against your floorboard on acceleration.there is a "bumpstop" that is supposed to fix the hitting the floorboard,but mine still hits a little.if you know a good exhaust guy he can build a custom y that will not hit and will fit your catback or factory pipes much better than a pacesetter y.

white

Ok so its kind of hit and miss with the tsp ory fitting or not? I'll just decide when I buy it.
    Would it be ok to run for a little bit without a tune? Ill get a frost mailorder tune when I can but probably wont have the money at the time of install

Thread Information