Black
    2000 WS6

Ordered Professional Products Setup!

I just ordered the Professional Products 85mm Intake and 85mm Throttle Body. I know there is a lot of mixed reviews on this item but when I do the install I will make sure I give my review and definitely after I put it on the rollers...I have used a few of there products on mustangs and never had a problem. Just curious if I should get anything else for the install? Does anybody know if they come with gaskets, hardware, anything? What should I get?
    Thanks,
    Evan

Black
    2000 TA

Hope you didnt pay extra for the polished version. I have used to of them on 2 seperate build and I have had to send the so called polished version out to my polisher to get re polished cause the come looking like crap. I will post some pics of what it looks like after i have the rail and manifold polished.

Black
    2000 WS6

I went with the satin finish...what did your setup come with? Gaskets, Bolts, anything?

Can the factory gaskets and hardware be used or no?
    Thanks,
    Evan

Black
    2000 TA

The manfiolds are not machined for the factory o-ring type seals. You have to use the gaskets supplied or machine the manifold. It comes with everything you need including the fuel rail and all the fittings. There is "extra" casting flash on the inside of the manifold that needs to be cleaned up before installing. Not a bad setup for the money if you want to go bigger. The only reason I am using these on the 2 particular builds that I am doing right now is that both customers wanted polished manifold and the engines werent big enough for me to justify one of the custom sheet metal manifolds that we make.

Green

Just a helpful hint, take a look at the head bolts when you install it. If they are making the gaskets stick up then you will have to grind them down so you dont have an intake leak. I dont know if you have the same problem that I did, I had my wet kit hooked up and had fuel leaks. I finally fixed that by using thread tape on the pipe threads and thread sealant on the npt fittings. Good luck with it.

Thread Information