Black
    98 Z/28

Open Headers Question

I just installed flotech longtubes on my car with NGK tr55's and MSD'S and I removed the EGR,Air stuff too. Well anyways It took some time for the car to drive/idle right but it seems to be alright. Until I get my x pipe put on I've been driving around with just the open headers and omfg is it LOUD! When I start it up it just kicks right out under my seat lol Then when I go to pull off it drones sooo much through 1st, 2nd, and 3rd but its fine when @ cruzin speed.
    I was just wonderin if the drone will go away when I install my x pipe with single chamber flows...I like my car loud but its just insane lol and damn does it vibrate the inside alot! I dont care about the vibrations or the sound but the cops are terrible around here so I wanted to know if the xpipe will tame down those headers at all.
    *Oh and my car stalled out when I pulled up to a stop light but it was just once, do you think its from runnin just the headers? It seems to be fine but my friend thinks it might be the NGK Plugs, Ive herd chevys run betta with AC Delcos, Thanks

Red
    2001 Trash Can

I have the Delco's in mine...I just took mine for a little spin this mornin with just 4' sections of straight pipe and DAMN is it loud!!! Right after my LT install TempleU_Ws6 and I took her out for a ride through his neighborhood and made some enemies haha. His mom was out gettin the mail and we did a flyby at WOT on her, but she's cool as hell and actually liked it!

If your car is a dd you are crazy to drive open, it's soooooooo loud!!! Gettin a quote on getting them tucked up, mufflers, and possibly run under the axle this weekend, then the install next weekend. woot woot!!!!

white
    2002 B4C

Ya the cops suck up there. I used to live near Worcester, but they suck all over MA. I get away with a lot more down here and the law treats you with respect for the most part. I appreciate them down here. Up in MA it was border line harassment at times...to them I say F_ _ _ You! How you getting away with open hedders up there? The PCM is trying to figure out what you did..hahaha! Mine stalled after exhaust changes and runs like crap, I need to get it tuned. I have heard the same thing about the plugs, but I have tried NGK and AC Delco. Both work. You probably need a tune. Tell the MA cops I said F--- Off! Hahaha! Thank you to NC law enforcement, true gentlemen!

Black
    98 Z/28

Quote Originally Posted by TedsB4Csled View Post
    Ya the cops suck up there. I used to live near Worcester, but they suck all over MA. I get away with a lot more down here and the law treats you with respect for the most part. I appreciate them down here. Up in MA it was border line harassment at times...to them I say F_ _ _ You! How you getting away with open hedders up there? The PCM is trying to figure out what you did..hahaha! Mine stalled after exhaust changes and runs like crap, I need to get it tuned. I have heard the same thing about the plugs, but I have tried NGK and AC Delco. Both work. You probably need a tune. Tell the MA cops I said F--- Off! Hahaha! Thank you to NC law enforcement, true gentlemen!
    Yea there all the same around here. Its the car for the most part but they will pull you ova for no reason at all. I've been drivin around for a few days now until tuesday and I'm surprised I havent been arrested yet lol its only really loud when your gettin up to speed. Enjoy where you live now your lucky!

Black
    98 Z/28

Quote Originally Posted by 01ws6er View Post
    I have the Delco's in mine...I just took mine for a little spin this mornin with just 4' sections of straight pipe and DAMN is it loud!!! Right after my LT install TempleU_Ws6 and I took her out for a ride through his neighborhood and made some enemies haha. His mom was out gettin the mail and we did a flyby at WOT on her, but she's cool as hell and actually liked it!

If your car is a dd you are crazy to drive open, it's soooooooo loud!!! Gettin a quote on getting them tucked up, mufflers, and possibly run under the axle this weekend, then the install next weekend. woot woot!!!!
    Yea its loud as F* but too bad its illegal cuz it sounds so mean lol Nice exhaust your gettin there hope it goes well, I love true duals and would neva recomend cat back to anyone again

Thread Information