Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

silver
    2000 formula ws6

OBX Racing headers!!!!!!!!!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWA:IT&ih=007
    does anyone have these headers or know someone that does? good deal or junk?

Navy Blue Metallic
    99 Formula M6

My friend really wants these. If i knew about them before i bought my dynatech setup i would have definitely bought them. I mean i would think their fine. I had heard they r cheap cuz they r an older brand.

Black
    2000 Trans Am WS6

Smile

I bought them about three weeks ago, they came with the cats and y pipe. They look good and durable. I havent had the chance to put them on yet. My buddy does have them and he hasnt had any complaints. My only question is will they hook up to the stock exhaust system.

Visualize°Design°Create SSwt00SS's Avatar

'18 CTS-V
    '13 ZL1

they should no problem. might have to adjust the pieces so they do but they should match up fine.

Navy Blue Metallic
    99 Formula M6

At most u might need to rent a 3" tailpipe expander from ur local autozone.

Red
    98 Formula /93 Z28

Any other word on these? I did some research and see they are basically a copy of the FLP's. I know the FLP's were the shit a few years back. How does the design stack up to the more recent designs? I was wanting pacesetters but these look good too. Are those high flow cats they come with? I used an OBX header on the Nissan Sentra SER Spec V I had a couple of years ago. The quality was excellent for the price and I even bought it from the same seller selling these headers. He was great to deal with. I believe his name was Danny he did a GB on the Sentra boards for me.

silver
    2000 formula ws6

Thanks guys great feed back i guess im going to try em out. Ill keep you guys posted on how they fit and the quality of this package!!!!!!!! should be within a couple weeks.

black
    1998 ws6 trans am

Thumbs up

I got them for x-mas and love them very very ezey to put on less than 3 hours my self. No mods just bolt up. Highly recomended. If you have any questions I can help.

Black
    94 Camaro Z28

From the looks of them, they look emissions legal because they have the AIR provisions.

Navy Blue Metallic
    2001 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by bealschad View Post
    I got them for x-mas and love them very very ezey to put on less than 3 hours my self. No mods just bolt up. Highly recomended. If you have any questions I can help.
    So they are polished stainless? They have 3/8" flanges?
    Does anybody have any close-up photos of the flanges, welds, collector inside and out?

silver
    2000 formula ws6

ttt follow link pics dont show that much detail though

Navy Blue Metallic
    2001 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by 00ws6m6 View Post
    ttt follow link pics dont show that much detail though
    That is my point. I have seen these on ebay for quite a few weeks now, but no detailed photos....yet.

black
    1998 ws6 trans am

Well i do have close-up on my smashed phone. But I can tell you they are a high polished stainless, 100% welded,3/8 flanges,they are also welded inside the collectors with a cone in center. 4 welded nuts for the o2 sensers. The collectors are the best 4 bolt flanges with donut gaskets. Not the old junky 3 bolt with a gay paper gasket that blows out every other day. 1000% yes on the OBX headers

Navy Blue Metallic
    2001 Camaro SS

Well i do have close-up on my smashed phone. But I can tell you they are a high polished stainless, 100% welded,3/8 flanges,they are also welded inside the collectors with a cone in center. 4 welded nuts for the o2 sensers. The collectors are the best 4 bolt flanges with donut gaskets. Not the old junky 3 bolt with a gay paper gasket that blows out every other day. 1000% yes on the OBX headers
    Thanx. Good info. If am seriously considering fabbing a full true dual over the axle and these would make great parts before the 3" x-pipe (headers, cats, etc). I am thinking 2.5" SS pipe from the x-pipe through some powerstick chambers.

Of course, I could just use my SLP D/D muffler with a 3" i-pipe and call it good with this nice looking system! A lot less work.

Decisions, decisions......

black
    1998 ws6 trans am

The OBX offroad Y pipe fitted up perfect with my SLP loud mouth. (Note) my car is loud a good loud but LOUD!!!! I get turned in all the time, lucky me the town cop likes me. Hell 3 weeks ago the cop took my TA for a joy ride through town spining tire on every turn or stop light. And guess what, his cell was ringing somebody turned me in. He (the cop) had my car. He thinks it's funny What a cool cop!!!

Sunset Orange Metallic
    2002 WS6 Trans Am

Anybody got any pictures of these installed? I would like to know how well they fit and if they hang any lower than the factory system on a WS6?

Red
    98 Formula /93 Z28

I cant speak for the OBX headers for the LS1 but the one I had for my Spec V had very good welds. Inside the pipes had a little bit of slag inside but overall the quailty was excellent. I actually had a $700 header on the car before I got the OBX that I hated. The OBX cost $150 and was far better than the $700 header in looks and power.

black
    1998 ws6 trans am

I will try to get some pics for you guys. They don't hang down at all they fit up in nice and tight. I can say one problem that i did have was on the driver side the Y pipe was butt up to the subframe cont. Thats not OBX falt subframe is a add on part also.

black
    1998 ws6 trans am

I have some pic's of the headers but im having trouble getting them on this sight. I have some pic's saved on kodak easy share and i cant get it to work. little help sombody.

Red
    98 Formula /93 Z28

I have some pic's of the headers but im having trouble getting them on this sight. I have some pic's saved on kodak easy share and i cant get it to work. little help sombody.
    send them to yellowv03@aol.com and I will host them and post them here for you.

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information