Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

red
    2000 pontiac firebird v6

Question OBX headers and high flow

hey does any body know ho good OBX headers and high flow cats are ?? i found a set and was thinking aboyut putting it on a WS6 but did not know if they were any good or how they will sound with the slp loud mouth that is on the car let me know if any one has heard any thing about them or has them for that matter

black
    2000 ws.6 m6

my friend has 01 z28 with obx kit says their great and easy install,they dont have cats they are resonators , i just ordered hooker long tubes and tsp catted y pipe for 700,has hi flow magnaflow cats w 3 inch y pipe,headers are 1.3/4 ceramics

obx headers are the chinese knockoffs, use at your own risk.

they are more expensive than pacesetter made in the US headers. why would you buy that lame cheap slave labor made chinese junk when its more expensive than pacesetters

Black
    2000 TA

because its stainless.

Quote Originally Posted by texinteg View Post
    because its stainless.
    they are also made by children in sweat shops.

have you ever seen these obx products? the material they use is very very thin. the welds are known to crack, and the exhaust totally falling off the car, all the surfaces are not flat... etc...

Black
    2000 TA

Hmm thats funny. I have read reviews on this site and other sites about them. Not one of them complained about them cracking or falling off. Where did you get your info? I know there turbo manifolds for hondas have a tendency to crack buts thats cause they didnt brace them for the weight of the turbo. I still think I would get them over pacsetters any day because pacesetters rust so easily. Especially if you live in the North East.

83 Z28 new project
    98 Formula WS7-sold:(

I bought them a while back and I have no problems except the LH header was bent wrong. Other than that, they have 1/4" flanges and are made of thick steel. Here is a link to another thread about all of this. http://www.ls1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40417

Quote Originally Posted by 98formy View Post
    I bought them a while back and I have no problems except the LH header was bent wrong. Other than that, they have 1/4" flanges and are made of thick steel. Here is a link to another thread about all of this. http://www.ls1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40417
    well its this guys money and he can do whatever he wants with it.

if they work for you and him thats great.

ive bought some of these chinese things, and obviously the quality is not going to be great, i just think its a better idea to buy some pacesetters rather than these. a lot of times you'll get something from them with a warped flange, something bend wrong, something not in the right place etc... but sometimes you get some that work great.

just my opinion on the made in USA pacesetters over these sweat shop chinese junk obx ripoff headers.

Black
    2000 TA

If you dont have any experience with them quit bashing them. I have seen them and they look prety damn nice for the price. I personally went with the XS headers cause I didnt feel like dealing with the emmissions fittings. yeah they werent Kooks or Qtps but they fit fairly well and I didnt have to clearance the block like alot of people have to do with thte pacesetters. Oh yeah and again they are stainless so they wont start rusting in a year like so many pacesetters do.

If you dont have any experience with them quit bashing them. I have seen them and they look prety damn nice for the price. I personally went with the XS headers cause I didnt feel like dealing with the emmissions fittings. yeah they werent Kooks or Qtps but they fit fairly well and I didnt have to clearance the block like alot of people have to do with thte pacesetters. Oh yeah and again they are stainless so they wont start rusting in a year like so many pacesetters do.
    good for you.

they are still chinese ripoff junk. they rip that design off someone else and basically steal money from that company.

black
    1998 ws6 trans am

Well i would like to have a kid that works at the sweat shop. Those little fuckers know how to weld. I have had the junk rusting (3 bolt collecter that blow the gasket every 100 miles)pacesetters in the past along with hooker ,summet,ect. That I would never buy again.
    OBX is a good header with a lifetime replacement I would tell anybody to use.

Quote Originally Posted by bealschad View Post
    Well i would like to have a kid that works at the sweat shop. Those little fuckers know how to weld. I have had the junk rusting (3 bolt collecter that blow the gasket every 100 miles)pacesetters in the past along with hooker ,summet,ect. That I would never buy again.
    OBX is a good header with a lifetime replacement I would tell anybody to use.
    lifetime replacement? lol...

is that right? where do you get your replacement from?

and its obviously a machine welding them

Black
    2000 TA

Well then its a nice machine cause the welds are nice. Sounds to me like somebody stuck and OBX dildo up your ass and thats why you dont like them. Quite bashing on them unless you have actually had a bad experience with them.

Well then its a nice machine cause the welds are nice. Sounds to me like somebody stuck and OBX dildo up your ass and thats why you dont like them. Quite bashing on them unless you have actually had a bad experience with them.
    ive had bad experiences with other obx products dumbass.

enjoy your communist made knock off chink headers that will fall apart soon.

Black
    2000 TA

Who says mine are knock offs? And isnt Chink being a little racist? You need to get that OBX dildo outta your ass and then maybe you wouldnt hate things made outside of the USa so much. I am all for made in the USA but some people just cant afford it. haveyou personally ran obx Headers on a LS1? if not then quite bashing them. Every company has some kinda flaw. I have yet to see them with these headers besides the fact that the collecter is alittle tight on some. but that can be said about almost any header manufactor. You want to complain about junk and yet you run a Crapmaster muffler?

black
    1998 ws6 trans am

I didn't know a machine could tig. Its a nice weld like a stack of dimes. And I never had to replace them jackoff

Visualize°Design°Create SSwt00SS's Avatar

'18 CTS-V
    '13 ZL1

johnny_b, and texinteg, take it to PM's dont get this guys thread locked...

Who says mine are knock offs? And isnt Chink being a little racist? You need to get that OBX dildo outta your ass and then maybe you wouldnt hate things made outside of the USa so much. I am all for made in the USA but some people just cant afford it. haveyou personally ran obx Headers on a LS1? if not then quite bashing them. Every company has some kinda flaw. I have yet to see them with these headers besides the fact that the collecter is alittle tight on some. but that can be said about almost any header manufactor. You want to complain about junk and yet you run a Crapmaster muffler?
    they are knock offs, they copied another companies design exactly and resell it as theirs.

if they work fine for you thats great and i don't have a problem with it.

whats with you and dildos???

the muffler was on the car when i bought it. the muffler is what it is, its not designed to be a straight through muffler.

just curious if anyone has dynoed before and after obx header installs? im assuming they will do something since they are a unlicensed carbon copy of another brand's headers.
    Last edited by johnny_b; 08-27-2007 at 01:02 PM.

BLACK
    2000 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by johnny_b View Post
    they are knock offs, they copied another companies design exactly and resell it as theirs.

if they work fine for you thats great and i don't have a problem with it.

whats with you and dildos???

the muffler was on the car when i bought it. the muffler is what it is, its not designed to be a straight through muffler.

just curious if anyone has dynoed before and after obx header installs? im assuming they will do something since they are a unlicensed carbon copy of another brand's headers.
    Jeez, you make it sound like header design is rocket science. With so many companies selling LS1 f-body headers, how many really unique designs do you think exist out there?

Monterey Maroon Metalic
    2000 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by SSwt00SS View Post
    johnny_b, and texinteg, take it to PM's dont get this guys thread locked...
    +1

I use OBX headers and love them. No problems at all, easy install, stainless construction. Can't beat 'em for the $$$ imho.

Thread Information