Thread: o2 help

Pewter Silver
    2002 T/A

o2 help

i have an aeroforce tech gauge. o2 1 is working good its jumping around o2 2 is pretty much steady at 440 mv and o2 3 is jumping around. there is no o2 4 for me to choose for the gauge to read. i know i have 4 o2's. so what i did is unplug one see what the gauge reads when i did driver upstream it made o2 1 steady at 440. then i did driverside down stream that made no diff on the read outs. so i figured that one to be bad but i still did the passenger side just to be sure. pass upstream made o2 3 steady at 440 and pass downstream nothing. so i got a new downstream sensor to see if it would change the o2 2 read out. i put it in it didn't change o2 2 readout. Where am i going wrong? not throwing any code. the reason why im concerned is cause when i pull it out the garage she runs a lil ruff. when she hit about 100 on the temp shes smooth. i leave when she' s about 110 temp she runs like a beast for like 1 mile then she feels like she lost 50hp after that. you feel a big differance. so i noticed a sulfur smell so i looked on here and people told others that it was most likely a bad o2. so i started looking at my readouts. please help finely off for a weekend. won't get time for probly another month.

Life in the Fast lane sunsetorangess's Avatar

Met. Sunset Orange
    01 SS

The only 02's that matter are the front two, One on the passenger and one on the driverside, forward of the cat. The 2 sensors located aft cat just tell the computer that the cat's are working.
    If your 02's are running iffy then your computer will pick it up and throw a code. Until then i would look elsewhere.
    J
    2001 SS, Its not the car its the Driver that matters....

Thread Information