O2 extension harness question????

I am looking at some nice weather pack connector 02 extensions. I see they are made in 12", 24" and 42 " lengths.

Anyone know which works the best for the front 02's on a set of full length headers?

Just to add,,,I have the rear 02's currently tuned out but they are still screwed into the factory locations. The new off road Y-pipe does not come with bungs for them to screw back in. What are you guys doing with that,,,,just unplugging the rear 02's and tieing the remainder of the harness out of the way?

Life in the Fast lane sunsetorangess's Avatar

Met. Sunset Orange
    01 SS

I pulled my rears completely out, the harness is so short its not even a factor.
    As far as the extension they are a good investment, I picked up two 24" for my SS, that gives you plenty of room to route the harness anyway you want. Although one 24" and one 12" would also work.
    J
    2001 SS, Its not the car its the Driver that matters....

SILVER
    2004 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
    I am looking at some nice weather pack connector 02 extensions. I see they are made in 12", 24" and 42 " lengths.

Anyone know which works the best for the front 02's on a set of full length headers?

Just to add,,,I have the rear 02's currently tuned out but they are still screwed into the factory locations. The new off road Y-pipe does not come with bungs for them to screw back in. What are you guys doing with that,,,,just unplugging the rear 02's and tieing the remainder of the harness out of the way?
    I bought a 12" and a 24" It was unnecessary to have the 24" because if you undo the factory wires, which you have to do to re-route them, there will be enough to use a 12"

As far as the rear o2's, leave them connected but make sure that the heating elements are not touching anything such as the wires.

Thread Information