Thread: o2

slap your mama red
    1998 trans am

o2

when i install my LTs and i do not have a tune will i have to use the o2 extentions to keep the o2s until i get them tuned out or can i just disconect them and plug the hole in the header

will disconecting the rear 02s without a tune effect performance or just throw a code

i want to know because i dont want to buy the o2 extentions if i dont have too

I will be doing a full exhaust at a craft shop and need to drive the car back home without a tune.

slap your mama red
    1998 trans am

or can i just get a tune from frost before i install the lt, ory, catback and just get them deleted first?

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

The rear O2's simply provide feedback to the PCM as to whether the cats are working properly. Removing the sensors, or unplugging them, will result in the SES light being set. I sent my PCM to Frost for a mail order tune while I was installing the LT's and Y. His turn around is pretty fast.

slap your mama red
    1998 trans am

my ses light is already on due to egr delete but will it effect how the car runs before i get a tune

Medium Red Metallic
    2000 Camaro Z28

from what i have read and bought so far, you need either extensions or bosch 13111 o2 sensors for the front but just unplug the rear and all you will do is turn the ses light on but it wont affect drive ability.
    2000 Z28 M6 125,XXX: SLP lid, K&N, 10.4mm Taylor plug wires, Frost Tune, P&P TB, NGK Iridium plugs, Magnaflow Cat back, BMR SFC's and tower brace, TSP LT's and ORY, LS6 intake, MAC Girdle, UMI LCA's and Panhard, LS7 Clutch Kit, so far..

slap your mama red
    1998 trans am

ok thanks now that leads me to my next question

i have contacted frost asking him if i get the tune done before i do the lt, ory, catback install will it affect the tune or the drivability of the car?

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Quote Originally Posted by damianj03 View Post
    ok thanks now that leads me to my next question

i have contacted frost asking him if i get the tune done before i do the lt, ory, catback install will it affect the tune or the drivability of the car?
    Those components affect airflow through the engine, therefore, it is best to install the parts and get your mail order tune at the same time. The car will still run, one way or the other, but it will not be optimal and you will most likely experience some fueling issues.

slap your mama red
    1998 trans am

i will be doing the install at a craft shop on base so i pay by the hour to use a lift and there tools i dont want to take the car to the shop then pull the pcm mail it in 2-3 days transit then 2-3 days back while my car is sitting at the shop getting charged by the hour for a week

if it is possible to get the tune before i do the mods then that would be the best route for me

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Quote Originally Posted by damianj03 View Post
    i will be doing the install at a craft shop on base so i pay by the hour to use a lift and there tools i dont want to take the car to the shop then pull the pcm mail it in 2-3 days transit then 2-3 days back while my car is sitting at the shop getting charged by the hour for a week

if it is possible to get the tune before i do the mods then that would be the best route for me
    If all you are talking about is getting the car out of the garage and going a short distance before parking it and pulling the PCM, it shouldn't be a huge issue. You have to do what you have to do sometimes.

slap your mama red
    1998 trans am

the shop is only bout 5 miles from my house and i would like to get the tune before my parts get here i just ordered them today. i think i will just wait till i get the mods on it and get it back home before i mail the pcm in unless frost tells me different like it wont affect the tune or the car to drive it without a the mods on it yet

Thread Information