Silver
    2002 WS6 Trans Am

Next mod, true duals

I have a buddy with an exhaust shop. He put 2.5" true duals on my SS Monte Carlo a couple years ago. He can't mandrel bend, but he can run true duals w/o cats, much cheaper than I can buy catbacks. Does anyone here have any tips/comments?

What mufflers should I use to get good tone. I have Flowmaster 2 chambers on my SS, but I don't want loud on the WS6, just low. Opinions?

I'm eyeing the Jet Hot coated Pacesetters, because they're only $430. How easy are they to install (compared to other brands)?

Silver
    2002 WS6 Trans Am

Would love to see pics if anyone has them (of true duals). I'm curious as to the clearance/routing.

black
    2014 camaro 2ss/rs

http://www.stealthram.com/1999pontiacformula.html wife's car with bassani tru-duals

http://www.stealthram.com/2000pontiacformula.html my car with bassani tru-duals
    Cold Air Intake, Muffler Delete, Vinci High Performance Dual Valve Springs, Hardened Pushrods, Yella Terra 1.85 Rockers, Some Hydropdipped Stuff, Strut Tower Brace, Some SS Badges, boost/vacuum gauge, fuel pressure gauge, some checkered stripes, drilled/slotted rotors, ZL1addons Stealth wickerbill, Ruxifey LED side markers

Black
    94 Camaro Z28

If you're going to do true duals, do it right and dump them before the axles. No offense, but I hate that bassani tru-dual system. Look how many bends there are in that system and how long that piping is. Plus, it all converges into one muffler again. Just get a cat-back if you're going for true duals all the way back.

As far as the headers, the coated Pacesetters are the popular favorite for the price and quality. No headers are really easier to install than others, all about the same amount of work and time.

SILVER
    2004 CTS-V

check out pypesexhaust.com --- They have a prototype for the 93-97 camaro/firebird true dual system.

Thread Information