Thread: Next mod ?

blue
    2000 camaro z28

Next mod ?

Hi all
    I'm thinking on getting the 80mm BBK throttlebody for my 00' z28. My current modifications are: SLP lid, SLP CAI, SLP bellows, and a loud mouth exhaust. What do you think about this mod ? I'm thinking about getting a MAF soon after and stopping with the performance.. for now.

Do you think the 80mm is too big ? thanks in advance

SILVER
    2000 Z/28

For a stock motor yes. Have the stock tb ported.Save your money and put an ls6 intake on it.

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

First mod(s) should always be opening of the exhaust. Sure you can get the air in, great. now try to get it out. Get yourself a nice set of LT headers. Since you live in sunny Cali, dont have to go $ crazyand get stainless. Then start opening the intake, headers, throttle.

blue
    2000 camaro z28

thanks for the advice.
    sorry for the noob q but what does it mean by "porting" the tb ? does it just mean by making the airways a bit larger ? thanks again

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

When porting, the object is not to make things lager/ rather smooth out the direction the air has to travel. When you make things to large, you lose air speed velocity, which in turn hurts low speed power. In a short,

silver
    1998 trans am

well it seems your off to a good start for the next mod i would have to say get a nice set of longtube headers or possiably a gear this to make a very noticable differenc in how the car runs.and as far as the tb i say go to installuniversity.com and it shows step by step how to port and polish it yourself i did it so i know anyone can just take your time in doin so

Thread Information