red
    2002 trans am ws-6

Cool New to site anld ooking for info.

Hi my name is Mike and I just recntletly purchsed a 02 trans am ws-6 with only 17,000 orignal miles on it. I am the 2nd owner of this car. I am a car guy i also have a 1972 chevelle ss and a 1965 baracuda. As any well respecting car guy would want to sup up his new toy I am wrestling with the thought of installing a set of Pacesetter mid length headers, random techlongly cat and a edelbrock rpm cat back exhaust. But my main question is hoo hard would the header be to install in my drive way and how likeley is there a chance to break a stud off in the block. I live in OHIO and i dont know of any good performance shops for ls1 motors or f-body cars here. Any help i could get would be greatly appericated thank you mike

NBM
    01 WS6 TA

http://www.exoticperformanceplus.com/
    They're in Indiana. There are also a couple shops in Oh. FWIW I'd put long tubes and TD's on for exhaust. In Ohio you don't need the cats do ya? As far as installing them. It's not that hard but an extra set of hands will help out a lot. You also have to jack the car about 3ft off the ground. The higher the better.

Black
    1999 T/A

If you have done work on cars in the past and know the basics you can do the job with some help from friends. I did mine in a weekend never working on a f-body before. Most od the time you will spend getting everything out of the way. You will want to put them in from under the car. Get the car up as high as your jack stands will let you. Removing the valve covers help me gain more clearance when trying to torque the header bolts.
    1999 Pontiac T/A A4

Headers, Gears, Sweet Thunder TD's, Suspension & Brake Upgrades, 2 Tone Interior, and Other Mics Parts
    ***PICS & MOD LIST***
    http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c6...allsigpic2.jpg

Black
    99 SS

www.ts-performance.com there a lil north of cincinnati and thats only about a 40 min drive to dayton where im from, they do very good work, strongly reccommend

red
    2002 trans am ws-6

ok guys thanks for the info. But my main concern above all is what happens if i break a stud trying to get the old manifolds off. that is what really scares me. and with my luck i know it would happen. any easy ways to avoid this thanks

Thread Information