Impounded

Black as black can be
    2001 Trans Am WS6

need help with pacesetter header and y pipe instal

I'm installing a set of pacesetter headers I have an 01 WS6 and I got the emmissions compliable longtubes, but a off road y-pipe...where I live I have to have emmissions testing....a buddy of mine I talked to a while ago did same install and got his to pass emmissions by taking it to get it tuned somewhere...im installing my headers and I have to install the front 02's to read the air fuel mixture, the bungs are in the header collectors....well my question is what do I do with the emmissions 02 sensors?...there will be no cats and just a Y pipe just like my buddy has his....will my car just shot a code or do I need to get simulators or what?...I dont need it to pass emmissions for a while, so if I just leave the emmissions 02's unhooked will my car still run fine?...I will take it to have them tuned out after my funds grow back up, but I was just wondering what to do with them as of now?

hugger orange

Quote Originally Posted by getcha01 View Post
    I'm installing a set of pacesetter headers I have an 01 WS6 and I got the emmissions compliable longtubes, but a off road y-pipe...where I live I have to have emmissions testing....a buddy of mine I talked to a while ago did same install and got his to pass emmissions by taking it to get it tuned somewhere...im installing my headers and I have to install the front 02's to read the air fuel mixture, the bungs are in the header collectors....well my question is what do I do with the emmissions 02 sensors?...there will be no cats and just a Y pipe just like my buddy has his....will my car just shot a code or do I need to get simulators or what?...I dont need it to pass emmissions for a while, so if I just leave the emmissions 02's unhooked will my car still run fine?...I will take it to have them tuned out after my funds grow back up, but I was just wondering what to do with them as of now?
    just leave the rear o2s unplugged. Frost from lsxtune.com can give you a good mailorder tune for a Very good price and turn off the rear 2s for you

Awaiting Activation

NBM
    99 Z28

If I'm not mistaken the rear o2s just tell you if you're cats are doing their job. If this so you will throw a code but it won't hurt anything leaving them unplugged untill you can tune them out.

White
    1998 Trans Am m6

Mine did the same thing, Frost can hook you up. Get the mail order tune, you will not regret it.

Impounded

79 T/A -91 Firebird
    1998 Trans Am -Oynx Black

Unplug the rear 02s and tape up the harness and ziptie it away. Any local tuner should do a emissions delete tune for 30-50 bucks. If you want a quality tune with this I would suggest going with Frost. it is the BEST bang for the buck.

Impounded

Black as black can be
    2001 Trans Am WS6

The shop I was going to go to is in saint louis area and he said after I get my headers and y pipe in and all other stuff he will dyno tune it for $300 and it will delete the emmissions code from my dash, and as long as theres no light on then it passes....everyone in this area takes it to him with good results...I have no idea as to how any of that works but id be open to try new things for sure....what is that frost thing?...would I just tell them all boltons I have,whats done to my tranny,what clutch I have,tires I use,headers etc and they send me a new tuned computer or something?....the place here that dyno tunes them is only place in STL area and its called turbo jim's, I dont know if any of you have heard of him or not?.....But is that how the frost tune works?

Black
    2002 TA WS6 M6

I'd like to know how to install one of these mail-order tunes... That'd save me some money 4 now on the dyno. But I hate riding around with that annoying SES light.

NBM
    2002 z28 camaro

Quote Originally Posted by Speed_kills_WS6 View Post
    I'd like to know how to install one of these mail-order tunes... That'd save me some money 4 now on the dyno. But I hate riding around with that annoying SES light.
    from what I understand you need to take out your pcm and mail it to him and then he does his magic and mails it back

Impounded

Black as black can be
    2001 Trans Am WS6

what do you have to like send him all the specs of everything done to your car also?

My Neighbors Hate Me!!! lvbroham1's Avatar

Artic White
    2001 Chevy Camaro SS

there's an order sheet that you print out then fill out and mail in along with your computer. just check out the website, the instructions on what to do when sending is pretty straight forward.

Thread Information