2000 Trans Am

Need help with install ASAP!

Well I am installing my new ls6 intake and am removing the egr, since I won't need it anymore. Removed all the bolts on top and noticed that i had to remove the passenger side header egr bolts for the block off plate!!!! HOLY HELL I can't even reach my hand down in there to get to it let alone put a block off plate on there?!?! SOMEONE HELP!!! THERE HAS TO BE AN EASIER WAY TO REMOVE THAT. HELP PLEASE!

2000 Trans Am

help installing ls6 intake!!

Well this install is a hell of a lot harder then I imagined. How the hell do you unplug the back part of the intake. I know there are two hoses and a sencor but how in the hell do you remove the back plug thing?
    2000 Arctic White trans am, ws6 hood, ws6 air box, slp lid, slp smooth bellows, slp loudmouth exhaust,shift kit, rebuilt trans, LS6 intake, 3.73 gears, Shaner S3 p/p throttle body, and a tune . SFC. C6 ZO6 rims 18" in back 17" in front. Drilled and slotted rotors.

Bright Rally Red
    2000 Camaro SS #5075 M6

http://www.ls1howto.com/index.php?article=5

Thats all I got man. Hope that helps some.

2000 Trans Am

Already got that, makes it look a hell of a lot easier then it really is. Does anyone know about removing the brake booster? will this hurt anything, it says too but i don't want to fuck anything up.

patience patience

black
    1998 Formula Firebird

you wont hurt anything unplugging the brake booster, its just a vacuum. i cant remember what plug you are talking about, had someone helping me, maybe he got that one. watch out for the oil pressure sending unit, it will break 90% of the time and they are at least $65 plus a tool to get back in.

2000 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by turbocreeper View Post
    you wont hurt anything unplugging the brake booster, its just a vacuum. i cant remember what plug you are talking about, had someone helping me, maybe he got that one. watch out for the oil pressure sending unit, it will break 90% of the time and they are at least $65 plus a tool to get back in.
    do you happen to have a picture of where the oil pressure sending unit is?

black
    1998 Formula Firebird

no but its in the back on the drivers side, black plastic about 2 inchs tall with a plug in it

83 Z28 new project
    98 Formula WS7-sold:(

Quote Originally Posted by clg82 View Post
    Well this install is a hell of a lot harder then I imagined. How the hell do you unplug the back part of the intake. I know there are two hoses and a sencor but how in the hell do you remove the back plug thing?

I had to it by feel. It took a little time, swear words, and bloody knuckles, but I got it. Its just too hard to see it and GM didnt give enough length to the map sensor plug in.

eating bulldog
    son of biscuit

no but its in the back on the drivers side, black plastic about 2 inchs tall with a plug in it
    does the air plug into it?
    http://ls1.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38136&dateline=119822  8111

black
    1998 Formula Firebird

no, its an electrical connection. when you try pulling the intake forward, watch your hoses/wiring to make sure it doesnt pull on the plug because it will snap off. this is the only pic i have with mine off and my sensor is even out so u cant see it. but if you look up the right side of the motor in the back is where it will be. you can see the green plug? i believe that is what plugs into it

2000 Trans Am

Well needless to say I gave in!!!! After a few broken wires in the back and the oil sensor plug, I called a tow truck and had it "shipped" to my mechanic. $350.00 roughly is the cost for everything after it is said and done.........worst day of my life........another thing, about that picture above , it looks like my engine is in a hell of a lot deeper then yours..........just an observation........thanks for all the help guys, still feel free to leave comments or concerns..........signed~one pissed off trans am owner.......p.s. the wife isn't to happy either,

Bright Rally Red
    2000 Camaro SS #5075 M6

ahh man sorry to hear that. Well look at the bright side, when your car comes back it will have an LS6 intake on it. How long is it going to take?

2000 Trans Am

I should get it back this afternoon. If you look at my signature, do you think I will notice a difference compared to the ls1 intake and all of the mods i have?

black
    1998 Formula Firebird

when i did mine i also did long tube headers. i felt like i lost low end torque but gained a ton on the top end. gears and a stall will fix this, but if you want the full potential of the intake it will need to be tuned, preferably dyno tuned. im waiting til i add the stall, gears, and cam this winter, and then get mine tuned next spring. good luck and sorry it didnt work out for ya.
    LS6 Intake - Jet Hot Ceramic coated Pacesetter Headers - SLP RamAir hood - SLP lid - SLP tips - Hotckis lowering springs - ZR1 wheels - Hooker Aerochamber - Performabuilt Stage 1 4L60E -

www.myspace.com/FormulaZspace
    www.fquick.com/FormulaZ

2000 Trans Am

when i did mine i also did long tube headers. i felt like i lost low end torque but gained a ton on the top end. gears and a stall will fix this, but if you want the full potential of the intake it will need to be tuned, preferably dyno tuned. im waiting til i add the stall, gears, and cam this winter, and then get mine tuned next spring. good luck and sorry it didnt work out for ya.
    my car will still run ok without the tune correct? I actually have the gears and install kit sitting in the garage waiting to be installed. and have a dyno tune set up for this mont.

Bright Rally Red
    2000 Camaro SS #5075 M6

Quote Originally Posted by clg82 View Post
    my car will still run ok without the tune correct? I actually have the gears and install kit sitting in the garage waiting to be installed. and have a dyno tune set up for this mont.
    absolutley your car should run just fine. A tune will maximize the benefits of your mods

Thread Information