Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

White
    01 Camaro 6speed

Need Help, Headers Install

Well im going to get my BBK LT's with ORY probably by tuesday and in about 2-3 weeks want to install them. Is there any Fbod members that can help me with the install, i will pay for the help no doubt or do you guys know anyone reputable that does a good job for a good price. If anyone can help me out id appreciate it and thanks in advance.
    1993 Z28 M6: K&N Intake, 52mm TB, TB Bypass, No Cats, Exhaust Cutout, Flowmaster Muffler, 3.90 Gears, 160 Thermo, Tune, BMR Springs, Bilstein Shocks, 3 Point SFC,s & MGW Shifter.

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

If you were closer to me, I would say bring it over. Good luck with it though.

White
    01 Camaro 6speed

Thanks Y2KPewterSS either way.

Awaiting Activation

NBM
    99 Z28

Not that bad a job make sure you get the front end of that bitch up high. Do it yourself if you can the experience and confidence it builds will be worth it.

1998 Z28 - Totaled
    1971 Camaro - Sold

Id say try yourself, I will be doing my motor/tranny mounts and headers w/in the month and yes it will be a pain... But, I feel you learn so much more and respect your car more by doing the work yourself.

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

Drive up north and i'll help you. Be rough with that driver side she bell rough back.

White
    01 Camaro 6speed

I think if i keep getting rejected by these mechanics i might have to drive up north. Ill keep you informed c5z28, Thanks by the way. I hope i can get these on local soon if not ill be driving up there.

Black
    2001 WS6

glendale where? im up in peoria, and i put my shorties on a while back. they were a pain cuz everything was so rusted, and jigger rigging everything cuz of bad bolts, but ill be getting longtubes in a bit. are u just in glendale az?

White
    01 Camaro 6speed

Sucks, im in Glendale, CA. I would love to do it myself, but i know how it is to install these and with limited tools along with limited skill its gonna get me into trouble and knowing me probably would have to have it towed to a near by shop. As soon as they see my car coming in to there shop knowing i couldnt do it or do it right they will see nothing but $$$ signs because now i have to have someone install it for me getting stuck in a jam. I definitly would lend a big hand to someone that knows how to do it and learn it that way and for there help i will pay and in the future if they need any help no doubt ill do the same. I just dont trust mechanics around here at all, most have no idea how to work on our cars and could care less to even try.

Black
    2001 WS6

i know how you feel. it's hard to find good mechanics. I did take my vette to performance solutions, they're a little high priced, but they do a great job. I'm gonna need to find someone to do a new clutch for me soon, and I'll probably take it to them ( trans am). There's a good write up on how to install the headers. It includes what tools you need, and exactly what to do. It wouldnt be hard to follow along. Which did you buy? I've heard pacesetters, although cheap, get the job done and fit very well. I'll be getting hooker stainless steel's by november. If you have the tools, and can get a few people , I'd be willing to help. It's a pain in the ass, but you feel accomplished after it's over

White
    01 Camaro 6speed

I got the BBK LT's with there ORY, im hoping they will fit good but i really havent heard too much about these headers. The only good thing is if i try it on my own and fail, lol the mechanic shop is about a block away from me and i have AAA. Im gonna take him the headers first with my car and show it to him because he wants to see it and get a better estimate from him. If its still too high ill end up trying to do it myself and see what happens. Finally Jegs got the LT's and are shipping it out today so i should recieve it by friday. Thanks Ramairgod84, ill keep my fingers crossed and see what happens. I wanted to ask were can i get OEM headers gaskets ONLINE ? i think im gonna play it safe and go with what works best.

Black
    2001 WS6

no prob. you can get the metal gaskets from ws6store.com, that's where i got mine. they're the oe metal ones, the best u can use from what ive learned. I've got bbk shorties on mine, and they're decent, eventhough they're shorties. like I said, I plan to upgrade soon. The headers are a bitch, but do able. I'd try to save the money and do them myself but that's just me. try to have an air gun and some sockets available.

Something Diabolical... chuckie669's Avatar
    2000 C5 Torch Red

go to GMPartsdirect.com (sponsor) I got part number 12617944 from the dealer and am ordering my set tonight. $9.07 each vs $20 at the dealership

White
    01 Camaro 6speed

Ok ill look it up and thanks guys for the tips and info

Pewter
    2001 Z28

Good luck. Doin headers on the floor is a real bitch. I suggest you start taking the manifolds of now before you get the headers. I would definately recommend that you dont cross thread any of the bolts in the head and put anti seize on them. I didnt pull any of the coils off, but it would of made it alot easier on the passenger side. I also had to loosen the motor mount on the drivers side and jack up the motor just a little bit to get that side in (pacesetters). Otherwise just be careful with that floor jack because you gotta get that car high up there. I m not trying to scare you, I think you could do it with a reasonable amount of mechanical experience. After you do the first one its alot easier.

White
    01 Camaro 6speed

Thanks MNZ28, what anti seize would you recommend ?. So far i got the OEM headers gaskets new, stage 8 bolts but i doubt im gonna use there locks since ive heard its a b*tch to cut and put on, i got NGK TR6 plugs, 24" 02 extensions especially since they hook up on the Ypipe with the BBK's and ofcourse the headers will be coming on friday. Im trying to do my best to make sure it goes well on the install but you never know as they say so will see what happens. Thanks guys for the help, appreciate all the advice.

Black
    2001 Camaro z28

I just did my pacesetter lt's and ory and it was pretty straightforward. I didnt have to loosen up the trans mount or motor mounts at all. I would recommend taking at least the passenger side coilpacks off though. Other than that get a pair of good gloves cause i ripped my hands apart haha.

Something Diabolical... chuckie669's Avatar
    2000 C5 Torch Red

Quote Originally Posted by dpeach View Post
    I just did my pacesetter lt's and ory and it was pretty straightforward. I didnt have to loosen up the trans mount or motor mounts at all. I would recommend taking at least the passenger side coilpacks off though. Other than that get a pair of good gloves cause i ripped my hands apart haha.
    There's some sharp corners in them there engine bays.

2016 Camaro SS - Summit
    2001 Trans Am WS6 - NBM

Quote Originally Posted by Y2KPewterSS View Post
    If you were closer to me, I would say bring it over. Good luck with it though.
    I would help too But I'm also in the Okie state.... maybe you should move down here But you have to pass citizenship requirements... see 'The Oklahomans......' thread

U. S And A Greatest country in all of world

Stock
    2002 Camaro

Me and c5z28 can help

Thread Information