puter
    2000 trans am

need help with add ons

i have a 2000 t/a ls1 auto 373 gear the rest is stock. My brother has a 1989 Gt mustang 302 gt 40 heads with a lot of work done to them and small cam, 4.56 gear 5 speed . should i worry about this car? if so what are some things i could do to this ls1 to beat him. Thanks for any info

Black
    99 WS.6 - Modified

Those 4.56 gears are gonna give him a good start over your 3.73s. Depends on how much money you're looking to spend. A quick and somewhat cheaper way to go would be to add NO2. And is that all he's done to the car? No exhaust or intake or anything else? Tires he's running & yours? Is he experienced in racing? You? There's a lot of variables into whether or not you could run him.
    It's not how fast you can go. It's how fast you can get there.

Follow us at www.facebook.com/RGCustoms

puter
    2000 trans am

he has headers ,typhoon intake ,bigger injectors ,bigger throttle body. we have been racing against each other for years he is good driver.he just went Ford and i want to make him sick. i would spend up to about 600.00 for right know any suggestions?

Black
    99 WS.6 - Modified

Throw a shot of NO2 on it. Easiest and quickest way to beat him - as long as you use it at the right time and it's installed and tuned properly.

BANGIN GEARS>STAB N STEER BLK2KSS's Avatar

TRIPLE BLACK
    2000 CAMARO SS M6 #2100

race em on the highway or from a 60ish mph roll, u will get em top end for sure. then when u get some other stuff kill em from a dig and watch em trade that trash 5.slow for an ls1!

black
    02 Z28

just do it right man start with intake and exhaust or even go with a stall if it an A4. i went to my local trans shop and they would install a converter, trans cooler and custom shift kit for $600 beans and like you said that about what you want to spend.

ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar

White
    2008 Hummer H3

IMHO you'll crush him as is. I really don't see him hooking on street radials. 302 = high reving little motor, high rev = wheel spin till the cows go mooo..
    :\Users\Steven\Pictures\d6ftg5nh.gif

Suggestion: If you are particularly irritated by another member's posting habits and are constantly fighting the urge to flame them, you can click on that person's profile, and select "Add to ignore list." This will make that person's posts invisible to you.

Thread Information