Thread: Need help!

White
    2000 SS Camaro

Need help!

I installed my long tube headers and everything went smooth; except when I went to plug the O2 sensor extensions in. The extension wouldn't fit in the O2sensors on either ends. So I modify the extension's plug to fit the O2 sensor. Well it went together and there was no Serivce engine soon . I drove it for an hour and parked it. An hour later I started the car and now the light is on. I made sure the extensions were plug in and the light was still on. I sanned the computer and 3 codes came up. No O2 sensor activity and a lean exhaust. Whats the next step?

Silver
    2000 Trans Am WS6

U need to get a dyno tune for one thing, but as for the sensors, maybe one of them got messed up....My buddy did the same thing, SLP LT's with SLP high flow cat's....His light has been on ever since he did it, he is gettin a dyno tune next week....Are u running cat's???

White
    2000 SS Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by SilverSteen25 View Post
    U need to get a dyno tune for one thing, but as for the sensors, maybe one of them got messed up....My buddy did the same thing, SLP LT's with SLP high flow cat's....His light has been on ever since he did it, he is gettin a dyno tune next week....Are u running cat's???
    yes

Silver
    2000 Trans Am WS6

Ya most likely u need to get a tune, some ppl get away with throwin headers on there car and not throwin codes and some don't.....How is the car running???....Did u notice any loss of any low end torque??

White
    2000 SS Camaro

Ya most likely u need to get a tune, some ppl get away with throwin headers on there car and not throwin codes and some don't.....How is the car running???....Did u notice any loss of any low end torque??
    Car runs good. The car really moves after 3000 rpm. Will I hurt my car running a lean exhaust.

Silver
    2000 Trans Am WS6

No u won't hurt it, u'll just have the light on until u get a tune....Dyno tune is aroung $400-$500 and yes it will make a difference in the way ur car runs performance wise

White
    2000 SS Camaro

No u won't hurt it, u'll just have the light on until u get a tune....Dyno tune is aroung $400-$500 and yes it will make a difference in the way ur car runs performance wise
    Ok, thanks. I was a little worried about driving my car hard. What a difference of a full exhaust system does. Makes me want to mod more and more.

Silver
    2000 Trans Am WS6

I hear ya.....If u do end up gettin a tune, u'll really see a big difference with ur headers

Thread Information