Silver
    2000 Trans Am

Need headers and catted Y

I'll try to make a long story short. I bought a set of E-bay headers about a year ago. That was my first mistake. biggest pieces of shit I have ever had the pleasure to install (just got around to installing them)I'm not sure of the Y pipe but it's the one with the dimples on top for clearance. After I got the headers on which hit it 5 different spots (I have new engine mounts and trans mount)I realized the Y was no where close to fitting, not to mention the Magnoflow cats I still had to squeeze in. I've decided to scrap the whole project and start over with some some good stuff. I know its between Pacesetter and QTP but I read a couple of people say that there Pacesetters rusted out. I thought they were stainless? I want excellent fit headers and a Y that was meant for the same header. I also want to run cats due to the smell. Also, what are you guys doing at the joints? Clamps? Welding? I would prefer not to use a gasket. Thanks in advance!

competition yellow
    1999 camaro m6

Pace setter will not be stainless and will eventually rust. I am in the process. Of in stalling headers on my car I got Hooker they do make a stainless header but I got ceramic which is supposed to help with engine bay tempature. If you don't want to weld or use gaskets then get a slip fit header and use clamps that's how a lot of the fbody headers are

Silver
    2000 Trans Am

I would prefer stainless so I don't have to do it again so I may just go with QTP's. Are the different manufacturers compatible with each other?(As in headers and Y pipes) let me know how yours fit if you would.

Thread Information