Red
    2000 Camaro SS

My longubtes have an exhaust leak(live in CA) what to do?

I have a 2000 Camaro SS with a small exhaust leak. I have Flowtech longtubes with welded cats installed. Most exhaust guys I have talked to recommended taking off the longtubes, putting back the stock exhaust manifolds or possibly getting shorty headers. Are shorty headers worth it? I would like to get new longtubes but they are illegal in CA and it was a huge hassle smogging the car last month. One other thing is that my Service Engine Light is on because of the oxygen sensors on the longtubes. I could get a tune and flatline the o2 sensors, which is how the car was when i got it, but I had to get a new PCM so it lost my custom tune. Any advice would help, thanks

Black
    2001 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by Nightfire264 View Post
    I have a 2000 Camaro SS with a small exhaust leak. I have Flowtech longtubes with welded cats installed. Most exhaust guys I have talked to recommended taking off the longtubes, putting back the stock exhaust manifolds or possibly getting shorty headers. Are shorty headers worth it? I would like to get new longtubes but they are illegal in CA and it was a huge hassle smogging the car last month. One other thing is that my Service Engine Light is on because of the oxygen sensors on the longtubes. I could get a tune and flatline the o2 sensors, which is how the car was when i got it, but I had to get a new PCM so it lost my custom tune. Any advice would help, thanks
    i think the only time ive read to keep the stocks/add shortys is if youre doing a turbo set up...otherwise i dont see why you would switch back...

ive also read about bad gaskets... causing leaks.. maybe something you wanna check out?

like i said alls i do is read.. never do hahaha just trying to help

Black
    1998 Trans Am

put the GM MLS gaskets on and it wont leak. I think those headers have a 3 bolt flange so you might wanna check that gasket too

RED 35TH ANIVERSARY PKG
    2002 CAMARO SS 35th LE

Thumbs up

Yes you will need to get it tuned again and get the rear O2's tuned out as well, you should have any problems with the SES Light.

Red
    2000 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by WARP211 View Post
    Yes you will need to get it tuned again and get the rear O2's tuned out as well, you should have any problems with the SES Light.
    Thats what I am planning on doing. Any places you know of in the bay that are good? Ive heard of New Tech and Syngergy Motorsports.

RED 35TH ANIVERSARY PKG
    2002 CAMARO SS 35th LE

Thats what I am planning on doing. Any places you know of in the bay that are good? Ive heard of New Tech and Syngergy Motorsports.
    Yeah those are some good shops that can help you with that. The guys that tuned mine doesn't own a shop no more they closed down. There's probably some more shops in the Bay Area your gonna have to do some research tho. Good luck on that.

black
    1999 camaro SS

next gen in Hayward on mission. I haven't been there but it says "high performance part instalation and dyno tuning" on the outside of the building.

Black
    2001 Trans Am (sold)

Change the gaskets.

Thread Information