White
    01 Camaro 6speed

With my bolt on Z is 111-112 possible

Well ive been really wanting to take my car to fontana but its pretty far and usually friends flake the last minute. Im trying to figure out with the mods i have meaning LT's, ORY, No cats, Tune, Exhuast cut out, Hooker muffler, Slp lid, K&N filter, Smooth Bellow, Ported throttle body, TB bypass, FRA mod and 4.10's. Do i have a chance to hit 111-112 MPH in the quarter. I should be about 355-360 RWHP i was at 336 without the LT's, ORY, FRA, Plugs and Re-tune. What have some of you guys run with your mods or rwhp numbers. Ive seen some people with higher RWHP numbers then me and run 107-109mph and that seems a bit low to me with a full bolt on car, either way wanted to get some input from you guys since most of you have had way more experience then me at the track.

LS1.com Sponsor
    GM Tuner

It's a tough thing to guess at... factors like DA that day, the weight of your car, etc will all need to be considered. Based on similar setups, I'd guesstimate (hard, don't know the weight of your car) 109-111 if everything is working properly and the temp/DA is good.

LS1.com Sponsor
    GM Tuner

I don't feel like that is the norm, but your numbers are a bit higher than the norm as well. Any plans to re-dyno with the headers?

hugger orange

I'd say you launch will make or break your goal.... high rpm launch with drag radials that get a good bite and you just might do it

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

I really doubt you are making anything over 350RWHP with just bolt ons. I could be wrong, but it doesn't happen often.
    I would say 107-110MPH. Of course, this is with a good DA. If it is hot....not so much.

Why the MPH goal and not an ET goal??

White
    01 Camaro 6speed

On the dyno i went to were i pulled 336 is actually right on because when i had my 93Z i pulled 266rwhp at about 81 degrees and then when i went on a dyno pack i pulled 267rwhp at 86 degrees outside temp. He says, cars usually pull low on his dyno. I did some research and he was showing me many charts not to mention i saw a couple of cars go ahead of me, for example one G37 pulled 258 rwhp stock. Ive looked into G37 dyno numbers auto and manual and they are higher for many others. Later i was looking at some dyno graphs of other cars that he showed and some were very low for example a RX8 was at 167 rwhp and S2000 was at 174 and seen them pull higher. My old friend pulled 159 FWHP with his sentra spec V on his dyno full bolt on but later pulled 166 FWHP at another location with one of Nissan's dyno days. So the numbers i know are pretty accurate because, ive been to the guys shop 5 different times and compared it to 3 other locations. At one location i actually pulled 274 and 289rwhp from my 93Z which i thought were high and not accurate. I want to go back to his shop to get an idea as to how much the LT's added using the same dyno. Well ill find out for sure what ill be pulling and post up the numbers, im hoping for about 350 rwhp but if i dont get it im ok with that i know im going to be higher then 336. I think Mr. Luos your gonna be right i might be very lucky to hit 111mph but 107-111 would be just right with a good day.
    Last edited by karpetcm; 06-10-2009 at 10:09 PM.

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

DinoJet?

White
    01 Camaro 6speed

ya the 336 was on a dynojet

Silver 2002 WS.6
    Red 1989 Formula

i think its possible for you to hit that! i did my mods are lt's, 3inch y pipe, 10 series flowmaster dumped, 4.10's, k&n fipk2, ported and polished throttle body, tune, hothkis lca's and sway bar (tower brace too, not that it counts ), tb bypass, fra mod, and i think that sums it up...

we have similar mods, and i hit 111 mph with a 13.3 with a 2.2 60' on drag radials i launch like at 3-3500 rpm. my trap speed is usually from 108-111 mph. i know i know my trap speed is a 12 sec trap, i get that alot. but i need better tires... and better tires means better than a 10 bolt so ill stick with my drag radials

altitude is pretty high here in el paso ranging from 5-8000 i believe, it sucks!

LS1.com Sponsor
    GM Tuner

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Luos View Post
    I really doubt you are making anything over 350RWHP with just bolt ons. I could be wrong, but it doesn't happen often.
    I would say 107-110MPH. Of course, this is with a good DA. If it is hot....not so much.

Why the MPH goal and not an ET goal??

The car is certainly on the upper end of the spectrum in regards to OEM grunt. I had to make some updates to his first mail order file. All of the cars like his want [seemingly] crazy low timing.

pewter
    2002 Tans am WS6 M6

I have an 02 ws6 with a M6 lid, filter, bellows, edelbrok shorty headers, slp larg diameter Y pipe and flowmaster, I ran it at 110 and 109's
    2002 Trans Am WS6 M6

Thread Information