red
    2000 Z28

Exclamation Motor mounts anyone????

Ok has anyone changed motor mounts on ls1? i have a vibration at idle and is very annoying. ive already done a tune up....plugs, wires, fuel system cleaning, fuel filter.....still the same vibration. I was just wondering how long it would take me....or if anyone had any secrets...or faster ways....no i am not gonna take a chain and strap the motor down....lol. Is this a common problem with the LS1 motor mounts?...if thats the problem? Let me know what you'all think.....thx for input.

I just did mine when I installed my headers. I would have to say that it was more work installing the mounts than the headers. The passengers side went in fairly easy. ( remove starter) You have to take the pedestal off along with the mount. On the drivers side 2 of the pedestal bolts were rusted and I couldn't get them all the way out so I dropped the alternator and removed the center bolt, and unhooked the mount from the engine. Putting it back in and getting everything lined up was a big PITA, but after about 8 hours I finally got them both in. Obviously You need to jack the engine up a bit to get them out. I did one side at a time. you will need to grind the rivets off the old motor mount shells, and drill the holes bigger, and you may need some heat to remove the rubber from the shells. Good luck

Thread Information