Gold
    1998 Z28

Motor Mount Madness!!!

I have prothane motor mounts now installed to the block, but now the block WILL NOT line up with the bracket 18mm holes. The engine is over an inch too wide now to fit... 1/2" on each side. It's gotta be these Prothane motor mounts. I'm beginning to think Prothane should not be allowed to sell parts that our lives depend on. They're tranny mount is horrible too. I found one post where a guy said they had a bad batch of motor mounts and it'll fit if flipped 180*, anyone else heard of such a thing? If that's the case do I have to flip the clamshell too? - I double checked to make sure they are the right ones.

Thanks,
    Tom

maroon
    2000 chevy tahoe

i have done an install with these and it was a nightmare. we ended up charging the customer double. i wouldnt recommend these to my worst enemy. gm has good mounts and they are made right so thats what i would use. oh yea a week later the kid came back and complained the mounts squeeked when he reved it up and wanted fact. mount put on it. they were cheaper and quieter.

Red
    2000 Trans Am

I love mine, big upgrade from stock. When we did mine we had to bolt on side. then lower the motor and use a big pry bar to push the sleeves in the mounts into position. its a two man job.

Gold
    1998 Z28

ahh, thanks for the info guys... I found a guy who had a bad batch of motor mounts from prothane like I did and has a solution- if you flip them 180* and then flip the clamshell 180* it will all fit together. I'm going to try to get in touch with prothane to get to the bottom of this. They should have put out a notification that there was a bad batch. There never should be a "bad batch" of motor mounts anyways.... lives depend on these things.

Thread Information