White
    98 Trans AM

Mezier Pumps worth it?

I'm sure someone has asked but I am going to as well. Keep wondering about putting a Mezier water pump on the car and wondering if it is worth the cost? Most of them for the LS1 are always in the 500 dollar range which seems pretty high to me but HP gets expensive the higher you get. Also, how reliable are they? I still drive my car a pretty good amount meaning easily 150 miles a week. As always, any input is appreciated! Thanks!
    98 T/A: HPE 5.3 Heads, 238/242 113 cam, Kooks 1 7/8 stepped LT headers, Custom Y pipe, Cut out, Borla, NW 90MM TB, FAST 90MM Intake, TB Bypass, Under Drive Power steering and Crank, 150 Dry NOS, Yella Terra rockers, 3400 TC, HPE tuning,

Artic White
    99 SS

For 500 bucks you could do a lot more. It isn't like you have a full on race car and are looking for that last little bit of power. That is a waste of money in my eyes unless your stocker is going out (dealer told me it was a 280 dollar piece)
    Doug

White
    98 Trans AM

That was sort of what I thought also but as always I like to get real experience opinions. Also as you said it is not a full on race car and of course I am not sponsored! Sure would make doing these things easier! Thanks for the post!!

The Herpes of LS1.com Modulistic's Avatar

gray
    07 duramax

I put one on my el camino because it was overheating at idle and the old water pump was making a lot of noise. Im happy with it, but there were a lot of hidden expenses, for instance I had to buy the whole aftermarket accessory brackets and pullies you see here, it didnt come with a relay, it didnt come with the radiator hose inlet so I had to order that seperately and wait a week. altogether it came out to about 600 bucks. but it was a fun and easy install. Id say it saved me 5 hp. plus maybe 3 or 4 from the fan I had on there.

cant really feel it or anything.

Thread Information