Exclamation Magnaflow Catback vs. Just Muffler NEED HELP

Hey everyone,
    I have an issue. I went on LS1sounds.com and found the exhaust catback i wanted. The Magnaflow Catback system for the LS1. Since it doesn't have a specific name, I just went to an exhaust shop and asked them for a Magnaflow muffler, threw it on, and it wasnt even CLOSE to what I heard online nor what my friend has (the complete Magnaflow Catback for the LS1) It's quieter and way tamer . It doesnt rumble like his does. Does anyone know if Magnaflow sells this muffler just by itself, or do I have to buy the complete $454 catback system just to find this sound that I want? Unfortunately this muffler isnt identified on the system's information on Thunderracing.com, it just says Magnaflow Catback for the Ls1. Any help would be great, I'd really like to avoid buying the complete catback if possible, or if anyone has a Magnaflow system they want to swap or trade let me know I currently have a Flowmaster 2 chamber on the car and previously ran a Magnaflow muffler, just the wrong one, if that makes sense. Thanks all.

Jett

Black
    1999 Trans Am M6

buy the whole thing, it looks nice and has a good tone. PM me and i can tell you where i got my CB for cheaper than $450.
    1999 Trans Am M6
    SLP Short Throw, Lid and CAI, Strano Springs, Koni Sport Shocks, BMR STB and SFC, UMI PHB, Pacesetter LT's and ORY, Magnaflow Catback, DMH 3" E-Cutout, LS7 Clutch, Motive 4.10, 160 T-Stat, MSD wires,, 17x9.5 Chrome C6's wrapped in Hankook 275/40/17

Tuned at Mongillo Motors in New Haven, CT - 303 RWHP and 308 RWTQ

how much have you seen it for? I just told my mechanic to order me a Dynomax bullet muffler. I have Pacesetter LTs, ORY and Magnaflow muffler (NOT the catback which is what I wanted but can't afford it right now) The Dynomax is more affordable, how does it stack up to the Magnaflow CB?

Thread Information