Red
    1998 Camaro Z28

LT headers, Parts and install

I am purchasing LT pace setter coated header this tuesday and here are the few questions i have.
    1. What is a good fitting ORY to go with these headers, and what size 2.5 or 3 (the louder the better to me weekend cruiser)

2. Are corvette o2's an alternative for o2 extensions or are they better in some way?

3.Motor mounts i hear are good to swap out while doing this process and also polys are the way to go but which brand should i go with? And i am not really sure on how to do them.

4. Spark plugs what kind and what gap does everybody recommend?

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

The Bosch 13111 O2 senders come with a nice long harness so extensions are not required. If you are planning on changing out the motor mounts, now is the time. Either the NGK TR55 or Delco Iridium plugs are what most people seem to use.

Red
    1998 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by pajeff02 View Post
    The Bosch 13111 O2 senders come with a nice long harness so extensions are not required. If you are planning on changing out the motor mounts, now is the time. Either the NGK TR55 or Delco Iridium plugs are what most people seem to use.
    You know what brand mounts are recommended?
    I think ill ngk do they just come pregaped?

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Quote Originally Posted by zeetwentyeight View Post
    You know what brand mounts are recommended?
    I think ill ngk do they just come pregaped?

Haven't done mounts on ours yet, so can't help you with that one. The plugs come pre-gapped, but I am not sure what they are set to. I think the latest recommendation is around .052". Anything in the .048" to .054" range will work.

Red
    1998 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by pajeff02 View Post
    Haven't done mounts on ours yet, so can't help you with that one. The plugs come pre-gapped, but I am not sure what they are set to. I think the latest recommendation is around .052". Anything in the .048" to .054" range will work.
    Cool thank you

black
    1999 camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by zeetwentyeight View Post
    I am purchasing LT pace setter coated header this tuesday and here are the few questions i have.
    1. What is a good fitting ORY to go with these headers, and what size 2.5 or 3 (the louder the better to me weekend cruiser)

2. Are corvette o2's an alternative for o2 extensions or are they better in some way?

3.Motor mounts i hear are good to swap out while doing this process and also polys are the way to go but which brand should i go with? And i am not really sure on how to do them.

4. Spark plugs what kind and what gap does everybody recommend?
    1. what ever size your collectors are is what size y you should get.

2. corvette O2's are good because essentialy your just buying brand new O2 sensors. I would only recomend them over o2 extensions if your current O2 sensors needed to be replaced anyways.

3. if your planning on keeping the stock k member or have plans of using a spohn k in the future go for the spohn solid mounts!!

if you ever plan on using a umi or bmr k in the future, solid mounts are not an option, so go with poly mounts. energy suspension makes good poly and on most vendor websites you can find deals on buying the trans and motor mounts together.

4. what the previous poster said about gapping is usualy what's agreed upon by the majority

Red
    1998 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by xmarkx View Post
    1. what ever size your collectors are is what size y you should get.

2. corvette O2's are good because essentialy your just buying brand new O2 sensors. I would only recomend them over o2 extensions if your current O2 sensors needed to be replaced anyways.

3. if your planning on keeping the stock k member or have plans of using a spohn k in the future go for the spohn solid mounts!!

if you ever plan on using a umi or bmr k in the future, solid mounts are not an option, so go with poly mounts. energy suspension makes good poly and on most vendor websites you can find deals on buying the trans and motor mounts together.

4. what the previous poster said about gapping is usualy what's agreed upon by the majority
    Schweet thanks much

Thread Information