Red
    2002 Camaro Z28

Thumbs up LT headers & HF cats, ONTARIO, CANADA that pass EM

Anybody in Ontario, Canada install long tube headers and high flow cats that pass the clean air emissions testing?
    2002 Camaro Z28 Bolt ons, Flowmaster catback w/3" QTP electric cutout, Superchips tuned, Granatelli MAF, SLP cold air induction Lid & filter, ZEX powertune plugs, Taylor 10.4mm wires, 160 T-stat w/fan control, Eibach sportlines & BFG-KDW's on 17" SLP SS rims.

SOM
    2002 SS

Im from saga too sup !!

I'm in the same boat too. I put on a corsa cat back and 3" y pipe in anticipation for headers but I dont want to drop huge coin on stainless LTs and Random tech cats to ensure a pass. This is my daily driver so I want it headache free as I already have a 620 hp vette with no cats that sounds like an airplane and like 10 other laws broken every time i drive the thing.

I am thinking to go pacesetters and some bullet cats. Thinking to chop some of the collector pipe off the LTs to get the cats as close as possible to the source of the heat for fast light off and efficiency etc. I just don't know if it will pass with cheaper brand cats.

out of curiousity what shoppe would you get it installed from?

Red
    2002 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by 5abivt View Post
    Im from saga too sup !!

I'm in the same boat too. I put on a corsa cat back and 3" y pipe in anticipation for headers but I dont want to drop huge coin on stainless LTs and Random tech cats to ensure a pass. This is my daily driver so I want it headache free as I already have a 620 hp vette with no cats that sounds like an airplane and like 10 other laws broken every time i drive the thing.

I am thinking to go pacesetters and some bullet cats. Thinking to chop some of the collector pipe off the LTs to get the cats as close as possible to the source of the heat for fast light off and efficiency etc. I just don't know if it will pass with cheaper brand cats.

out of curiousity what shoppe would you get it installed from?
    I hope that vette is nothing like that Nissan you were posting about the other day, LOL, just kidding. I have owned a couple different cars over the years and I always take my cars to 'ZORO' muffler shop at Stanfield and Dundas in Mississauga. They just installed my cutout for $60, when I was there I told them when I buy LT headers and cats I will be back, they said no problem. There realley good and they are reasonably priced. I am going for a clean air test tomorrow, then to the ministry to get my stickers.

black
    2002 camaro ss

oh shit i thought i was the only one on this site that's from Canada anyway we dont really have that much performance parts that we can get for are cars here i was wondering where do you get your parts from. Cause im sick of getting smoked on ebay with shipping and duties. Also were can i get a dyno tune.

thanks in advance

Red
    2002 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by o2 double s camaro View Post
    oh shit i thought i was the only one on this site that's from Canada anyway we dont really have that much performance parts that we can get for are cars here i was wondering where do you get your parts from. Cause im sick of getting smoked on ebay with shipping and duties. Also were can i get a dyno tune.

thanks in advance
    I got my handheld Superchips tuner at Performance Improvements, also get my Royal Purple oil and K&N filters there too. As for everything else I order from the states or ebay.ca. I have never had my car dynoed but if I find a shop I will let you know.

White
    1999 Trans am Convertible

Hey boys,
    I'm from Brockville. Same issue, looking at doing H/C and exhaust headers and wondering about emissions.
    I've actually made the trip to NEw EraPerformance (LS1 Sponser I believe)in Rochester for some small mods and a tune. I was really impressed. They had a 1000hp corvette project car. That car at idle was a f'n beast, never heard anything like it.

Thread Information