Rally Red
    2000 Camaro SS

LT Headers/CAT's/DEQ

I purchased the Texas Speed LT headers and need help from you guys that have installed LT headers and had to go through emissions testing (DEQ). I need to know a few things--1. Where did you put the drivers side cat at? 2. Did you have to make any changes to the ECM setup due to the relocation of the CAT's? What kind of CAT's did you use. 3. Do you have any pics to share of your install?
    2000 Camaro SS
    PRC Stage 1.0 LS6 CNC Ported Heads
    Magic Stick 4 Camshaft
    Texas Speed 1 7/8" Long Tube
    LS6 Intake
    Punisher Pro-Street 2800-3200 Stall Torque Converter, with Lock-Up
    1.4" Eibach Lowering spings
    UMI Performances 3-point style subframe connectors

Red
    2000 Camaro SS

not sure how the emmision laws are where you are , but in cal you wouldent even make it on the machine with those mods . sorry i have no info on your cat location problem as i do not use those stupid things . but nice set up and bump for good luck

Black
    1998 Trans Am

Here in Syracuse NY I don't have the CAT's which obviously kicks on the Check Engine light. With the light On its an automatic Fail. In which even my buddy who owns his own garage couldn't pass it if he wanted to. They sell (Not sure where) these pigtail sensors that you plug your O2 sensors into and it fakes out the cars ecm and the light goes out. What I did instead was brought the car to a local speed shop that Dyno Tuned my car and bypassed the sensors and no more light. You would still need the mechanic to over look not seeing your CAT's installed on your vehicle.

Rally Red
    2000 Camaro SS

Yeah I was going to use the cheater plug bypass but I am concerned about two things: 1. if DEQ decides to mirror my underbody (I need him to see the CAT’s) and 2. I was not sure if you have a code deleted (like the O2’s) will the DEQ computer pick that up and fail you (In your case WalterS6 there in Syracuse the DEQ computer did not and I am hoping that here in Portland Oregon I will have the same outcome)
    So for my fall back I am going to keep my stock exhaust manifold/Y-pipe just in case I can not get the car through DEQ and reattach them just to pass then reinstall headers every 2 years.
    PRC Stage 1.0 LS6 CNC Ported Heads
    Magic Stick 4 Camshaft
    Texas Speed 1 7/8" Long Tube Headers
    LS6 Intake
    Punisher Pro-Street 2800-3200 Stall Torque Converter, with Lock-Up
    1.4" Eibach Lowering spings
    UMI Performances 3-point style subframe connectors

Rally Red
    2000 Camaro SS

I found an interesting site listed below.

http://www.k-series.com/forum/showth...ght=mechanical

Black
    1998 Trans Am

It would be interesting to know if that plug fouler trick worked on our cars. Honestly though, I got sick and tired of Fuc%$#ing with those o2 simulators working intermittently and tripping the engine light. Thats why I had ecm programmed to delete them. It will not show up at Inspection that you have your o2's bypassed/deleted. Of course all of this doesnt matter if you don't have an Inspector who won't check for the CAT's. Good luck to ya.

Rally Red
    2000 Camaro SS

Just the news I needed--Thanks

Im glad to hear your story of it passing emmisions. I am waiting for two more O2 sensors to come in after I did have the cats put on. Im pretty sure that my dummy light will stay on so I will have it deleted with the AIR and EGR sensors when I go have it dynoed.

White
    1998 Trans Am

I just had the rear 02's deleted and go to the inspection stations in Houston where they just plug in the OBD2 and don't bother checking for cats, if the computerr says its good you pass.
    1998 Trans Am 85k miles.
    Bolt ons, MS3 113LSA cam, Circle D Stall, Tune, Modified WS6 style hood, Full Suspension, 6000k HID's, Clear Side Markers w/ Leds, Led 3rd Brake Light and 18" AR Staggered Killer Wheels w/ BFG KDW NT's.- Weekend Toy/DD
    02 Trailblazer -Sold
    09 Ram 1500 CC - Sold
    09 Cobalt SS/TC - Sold
    13 ram 1500 LoneStar CC 4x4 - Magnaflow, K&N,and more to come-DD/Toy

Black
    1998 Trans Am

Same here Ryan, but the Inspectors are supposed to check all emmision components
    to be sure they are actually there. You are correct though. 8 out of 10 inspectors are
    going to just plug in to the ecm and if it passes its good to go. I have had a couple friends get turned away because the sound of the car was obvious that the CAT's were not present. Although I am not sure how other states would handle this. NY is pretty strict.

Red
    99 Firehawk (M6) #518

I've had my firehawk to emissions in Illinois and passed with no problems. LT, ORY, Cam, etc. My tune has the sensors disabled and all the emission place does is run a computer diagnosis on the vehicle. They had never checked for the cats, and there is none if they did look.

Black
    2002 Trans Am WS6

I just recently put on longtubes and ran 3" to bullets and had em dumped at the axle. My ses lkight has been on..and its causing my car to misfire it seems...crackling at higher rpms. Anybody know whats causing this??

Bright Red
    2000 TA Firehawk 0041/742

Send it to Frost and let him tune it. Did a great job- sent my comp on Monday and it was back at my house on Friday. He deleted the rear O2's and AIR/EGR codes and it runs great. For the cost of two simulators, you could almost pay fo the tune!
    2000 Pontiac Firehawk #0041 of 742

Thread Information