Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Silver
    1998 Camaro SS

LS6 Manifold Question.

The manifolds on the 04 GTO's are just a normal LS6 manifold aren't they? Will this be a direct bolt on to a 98 minus EGR?

Awaiting Activation
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadLifter View Post
    The manifolds on the 04 GTO's are just a normal LS6 manifold aren't they? Will this be a direct bolt on to a 98 minus EGR?
    haha i had to edit this. I was thinking exhaust manifolds and was wondering why the fuck you would want to do that. Then i realizes you meant the intake manifold. lol

yes it will bolt right up to a '98 minus the egr.
    Last edited by 99blueZ; 04-04-2007 at 10:22 PM.

black
    1999 ws6 trans-am

will that still pass for a state inspection?

Awaiting Activation
    Quote Originally Posted by adam0321 View Post
    will that still pass for a state inspection?
    yes you can still pass. Removing the egr will throw a code - you can get it tuned out though and pass the test.

Silver
    1998 Camaro SS

I found an EGR adapter kit from Lingenfelter.

Silver
    1998 Camaro SS

Awaiting Activation
    yes you can get an adapter, or you can get one from SLP with the egr built in. But i wouldn't bother - i would just rip out the egr. No need to spend extra $ to keep it.

Hugger Orange
    1999 Camaro Z-28

Quote Originally Posted by 99blueZ View Post
    i wouldn't bother - i would just rip out the egr. No need to spend extra $ to keep it.

Silver
    1998 Camaro SS

Won't it throw a code if I rip out the EGR out? I'm not planing on gettin a tune anytime soon with hardly no mods. I'd rather spent $50 and do it right.

Awaiting Activation
    Won't it throw a code if I rip out the EGR out? I'm not planing on gettin a tune anytime soon with hardly no mods. I'd rather spent $50 and do it right.
    yes, but the code wont hurt anything. What kind of emmission testing do you have in indiana? If its just the obd2 you just gotta have the code programmed off before you go for testing. Gettin the code programmed out will cost you $50 at most.

Silver
    1998 Camaro SS

Not worried about emissions, just don't wanna stare at a check engine light. Can any GM dealer do this or can I do it at home with my scanner and keep it off?

Awaiting Activation
    Not worried about emissions, just don't wanna stare at a check engine light. Can any GM dealer do this or can I do it at home with my scanner and keep it off?
    a dealer will clear it but they won't program it out - because thats illegal. lol

What kind of scanner do you have?

black
    1999 ws6 trans-am

hear in nc they hook up a computer to you main computer and actualy run and check every code. if one has been turned off or modified it will read system not ready and they will fail you I went thru hell because I have a different maf, thorttle body and ls6 intake(with the egr) they are starting to become real nazi's

Silver
    1998 Camaro SS

I live in Indiana they don't check for nothin hear right now, but if thay start I don't wanna have to throw all my stalk stuff on just to get plates. I heard rumor they were talkin about it.

black
    1999 ws6 trans-am

i hope they dont for your sake. i bought the car in fl and it cost me 800 dollars just to get it registered in this state(highway use tax) and then it was alot of fun getting it to pass inspection

Awaiting Activation
    I live in Indiana they don't check for nothin hear right now, but if thay start I don't wanna have to throw all my stalk stuff on just to get plates. I heard rumor they were talkin about it.
    its your choice, but trust me you won't need to be scrambling to go and get your stock stuff back on. Guys pass with tons of illegal stuff done - air delete, egr delete, LT headers, no cats, etc. If its just an obd2 test - then no codes means you pass!!

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by 99blueZ View Post
    its your choice, but trust me you won't need to be scrambling to go and get your stock stuff back on. Guys pass with tons of illegal stuff done - air delete, egr delete, LT headers, no cats, etc. If its just an obd2 test - then no codes means you pass!!
    Exactly. The workers at the state inspection facilities are usually total morons, as long as the CEL is out and it doesn't throw any codes, you should be fine.

It shouldn't fail for emmissions equipment being "not ready". For all they know the car never had EGR, 01+ F-Bodys didn't come with it from the factory.

Pewter
    2001 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by Wesman View Post
    Exactly. The workers at the state inspection facilities are usually total morons, as long as the CEL is out and it doesn't throw any codes, you should be fine.

It shouldn't fail for emmissions equipment being "not ready". For all they know the car never had EGR, 01+ F-Bodys didn't come with it from the factory.
    unless they do what pretty much every other inspection mechanic i know does...check the sticker under the hood to see what it came equipped with. also, it's hard to believe they would just hook a computer up and that's it. there is almost always a visual part to an emissions inspection to verify that none of the systems have been tampered with. in PA it is the inspection mechanic's responsibility to find what the car is supposed to be equipped with, verify that it has not been tampered with , and enter it into a computer that is connected to PennDot. if you have too many cars that don't match what is supposed to be there, you'll hear from them, and it won't be a good thing. my car never has a problem passing anything though...since i do my own inspections and all

red
    1999 trans am convert

We have testing in Lake county Indiana and it was revised for newer cars to only check OBDII.
    I put a LS6 intake on a couple a weeks ago.It's a SLP with EGR and for some reason I'm throwing an EGR code so spending extra on EGR manifold(I didn't- got a great deal from a seller who bought it new and never installed it) may not save you from throwing codes.

Awaiting Activation
    Quote Originally Posted by hallass View Post
    unless they do what pretty much every other inspection mechanic i know does...check the sticker under the hood to see what it came equipped with. also, it's hard to believe they would just hook a computer up and that's it. there is almost always a visual part to an emissions inspection to verify that none of the systems have been tampered with. in PA it is the inspection mechanic's responsibility to find what the car is supposed to be equipped with, verify that it has not been tampered with , and enter it into a computer that is connected to PennDot. if you have too many cars that don't match what is supposed to be there, you'll hear from them, and it won't be a good thing. my car never has a problem passing anything though...since i do my own inspections and all
    well some states have more extensive testing than others. Some have none, some have 0BD2, some have OBD2 and visual. In illinois all i have is OBD2. I pull in, they check that the gas cap isn't loose, lol, then they plug in their reader. They hand me a sheet that says i passed then im good to go!!

they don't check for shit - i love illinois!! Visual must suck!!

Thread Information