Visualize°Design°Create SSwt00SS's Avatar

'18 CTS-V
    '13 ZL1

LS6 Intake (where to get one)

Ok, guys now that I have my cam installed I am looking into getting an LS6 intake as my next mod. Other than Ebay, where can I find/come across either a used or new LS6 intake? what about price range for one? Does Year One offer them? I'm not looking for a F.A.S.T, BBK, any of that stuff, just a good 'ole LS6 intake. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Also, with the mods I do have what kind of gains could I expect from the intake swap. And yes, I know headers will give me more, but those are coming later. Thanks.
    2018 CTS-V: °°668rwhp/658rwtq°°
    2013 ZL1: °°590rwhp/576rwtq°°
    "Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience."

Life in the Fast lane sunsetorangess's Avatar

Met. Sunset Orange
    01 SS

summitracing has them advertised for 459.00 for the slp ls6 intake. In my opinion it wouldnt be worth messin with just yet. I dont think you will see much of a gain. I would look into lt and ory first.
    just my op thou
    J
    2001 SS, Its not the car its the Driver that matters....

'18 CTS-V
    '13 ZL1

I've been reading up on the BBK intake. It say it flows better than the LS6 intake, with gains of 10-15 over the LS6 intake, but I'd have to upgrade to a bigger TB. Which would be better? An LS6 I could keep my stock TB for now. the reason I'm looking into an intake before LT and Y is because I already have the LM catback and I know the manifolds are fine for the time being. I realize the cam needs to breathe so I wanted to do the intake before the exhaust. I know you have to expell the same amount of air you intake but I figured the intake would be the next move. I guess I could save for both and get it all done at the same time and then retuned.

Anyone know anything about the performance gains from BBK, FAST, and other if they hold true on flowing better than the LS6 intake. If so would I better off going in that direction since I already have a cam?

Blown, Stroked, & Sprayed

Black
    383 Procharged & N20 Vert

Most of our sponsors can get it for you.
    Black 1999 Blown Convertible A4
    Forged 383 | ATI D-1SC
    NX MAF Kit | 222/226 .585 115
    AS Stage II 6.0L FI Heads
    Moser 9" | 3.70 | Wavetrac | 35 Spline | Vigilante 3600
    548.0 RWHP - 563.8 RWTQ - 10# - D1

666.0 RWHP - 734.2 RWTQ - 125 Shot - P1

Black 2009 Escalade Hybrid 4WD

Silver
    2002 Z28

The Fast and BBK intakes do flow better, but it's marginal, and the LS6 is more than capable of holding the power you'll be putting down. You really need to look into headers too though, as the intake's gain will only be worthwhile if you have the supporting mods, which definitely include headers.
    She's baaaaaccccck...

'02 Z/28 M6 Hardtop

Light Pewter Metallic
    2K Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by ProwlerZ
    The Fast and BBK intakes do flow better, but it's marginal, and the LS6 is more than capable of holding the power you'll be putting down. You really need to look into headers too though, as the intake's gain will only be worthwhile if you have the supporting mods, which definitely include headers.
    +1.

Life in the Fast lane sunsetorangess's Avatar

Met. Sunset Orange
    01 SS

Your stock tb will hold well up into 500hp so i wouldnt worry to much bout replacing that.
    J

red metallic
    1991 sierra cosworth

Quote Originally Posted by SSwt00SS
    Ok, guys now that I have my cam installed I am looking into getting an LS6 intake as my next mod. Other than Ebay, where can I find/come across either a used or new LS6 intake? what about price range for one? Does Year One offer them? I'm not looking for a F.A.S.T, BBK, any of that stuff, just a good 'ole LS6 intake. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Also, with the mods I do have what kind of gains could I expect from the intake swap. And yes, I know headers will give me more, but those are coming later. Thanks.
    the ls2 intake is for a 90 mm tb, and have longer runners than ls6. it cost
    270$, only down is that the map sensor has a different location, but maybe someone like painless have an extension?
    DoC

'18 CTS-V
    '13 ZL1

Stock TB is what 70mm or 75mm? If I go w/the LS6 intake I can use the stock TB. can I use the stock TB with either the BBK or FAST intakes? I'm looking into headers also. I know its all about symetry with mods. I'd love to go LT and ORY but here in TX, that might be pushing it. Maybe not since I have OBDII and I have already passed inspection and can just send in money for tag renewal.

The reason I ask about the BBK, and FAST is becuase if it gives me more gains with what I have now and what I will be adding I can justify the small difference in price.

05 Wrangler
    00 Z28 sold :-(

Quote Originally Posted by SSwt00SS
    Stock TB is what 70mm or 75mm? If I go w/the LS6 intake I can use the stock TB. can I use the stock TB with either the BBK or FAST intakes? I'm looking into headers also. I know its all about symetry with mods. I'd love to go LT and ORY but here in TX, that might be pushing it. Maybe not since I have OBDII and I have already passed inspection and can just send in money for tag renewal.

The reason I ask about the BBK, and FAST is becuase if it gives me more gains with what I have now and what I will be adding I can justify the small difference in price.
    There's no small price difference between them....the fast is $800 and a slp ls6 is around $400-$450 and can be found cheaper on ebay. With that price difference you could buy a nice set of LT pacesetters

Yea you can use your stock TB with the 78mm fast manifold only...not the 90mm.

pewter
    2000 TA WS6

slp sells them between 400 and $500, differnce is egr provision if you choose to do that route. I bought mine from there a couple months ago and putting it on tomorrow, It' s supposed to be an easy installation, I've got a friend helping so it should only take 2-3 hrs.

05 Wrangler
    00 Z28 sold :-(

Quote Originally Posted by joels1bird View Post
    I bought mine from there a couple months ago and putting it on tomorrow, It' s supposed to be an easy installation, I've got a friend helping so it should only take 2-3 hrs.
    It's pretty easy...just take your time pulling the old manifold out because the oil sensor is under the back of it. There's not a lot of room back there

Thread Information