yellow
    2002 CETA T/A

LS1/LT1 cooling system corrosion.

LS1/LT1 cooling system corrosion. Our cars are getting to the age that this is about to be a big issue. I've kept mine flushed every 3 years with the drain the radiator, refill and run til the thermostat opens then repeat method.(ls1's, NOT lt1's!!)
    I've read up and no-rosion additive once a year is the deal. Go to no-rosion.com and click on technical. Sure beats heater core replacement & head gaskets down the road. I worry a little cause my cars snooze all winter. These people have alot of knowledge about coolant.
    5 gallon pails are the cheapest & split it up with 4 friends.

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

Quote Originally Posted by WS6ADDICT View Post
    LS1/LT1 cooling system corrosion. Our cars are getting to the age that this is about to be a big issue. I've kept mine flushed every 3 years with the drain the radiator, refill and run til the thermostat opens then repeat method.(ls1's, NOT lt1's!!)
    I've read up and no-rosion additive once a year is the deal. Go to no-rosion.com and click on technical. Sure beats heater core replacement & head gaskets down the road. I worry a little cause my cars snooze all winter. These people have alot of knowledge about coolant.
    5 gallon pails are the cheapest & split it up with 4 friends.
    Don't know if you are pitching a additive for someone or asking a question

It is true that Dex Cool tends to go to shit after some time but if your flushing your car out in those intervals then you should be fine without any type of additive. LS1's are great motors that just need the basic maintenance to stay running strong for tons of miles.
    ┌∩┐(◕_◕)┌∩┐

Man: The Mods you are fighting,
    they are the biggest Men I have ever seen. I
    wouldn't want to fight them!

Me: That is why no one will remember your name!

Red
    2002 Camaro SS 35th LE

I had a huge problem with a '97 Formula's cooling system with corrosion and overheating. I flushed it multiple times, even had a new radiator installed, and still had coolant overflows and imbalances in temperatures. Wondering if this is more with the LT1 rather than the LS1? Hoping I don't have the same issues with my Camaro.

yellow
    2002 CETA T/A

Just providing information on norosions site. Their product is good, but the info he has on his site on Dexcool is only a fraction of what these people know about green and Dex. People don't have any idea about the chemistry involved. For instance, a car with Dex has a protective film built up on the metal walls. Using green does no good after a car is run with Dex for a short time. It's a long story... Your info is very true on LS1's BLACKSS01.

black
    02 ss camaro

Over time any cooling system becomes corrosive. As long as you flush the cooling system periodically an additive is not needed.

Thread Information