Black
    1999 Trans Am M6

LS1 exhaust: what to do?

I'm looking to do some modifying to exhaust on my basically stock 99 trans am. I'm looking to spend under a grand for the whole process, if that's possible. As for headers, i want to get long tubes and i've heard that pacesetters are good. I havent heard too many good things about SLP LT's and Hooker Headers. Any suggestions? I'm probably gonna go catless because i have someone that will switch it for emissions for $50 every two years. I thought true dual exhaust would be nice but it seems more expensive and i've heard it's too loud inside the cabin. I'll prally just settle for a Y pipe of some sort. Then for cat back, i've been looking at the SLP Loudmouth I. Although, i've heard it sounds raspy sometimes. Corsa is nice but expensive. I'm looking to install all these myself and with my dad. We're both pretty handy but for $300 would be spare me a lot of stress? Any suggestions are welcome. Thanks

Jared22
    First of all before you do anything and read what other people have told you what they think is the "best" exhaust setup, visit www.ls1sounds.com and listen to what you think is the best setup. I have Pacesetter LT's with Ceramic Coating and it's very worth the money. If you do have the money though, save up and go for the stainless steel Kooks Headers. They wont rust.

As for a catback, SLP Loudmouth is exatcly what it is, L O U D. With LT's, its even L O U D E R! Its to loud with lt's so you might want to listen to some clips before you make that decision. But meh, some poeple like that, idk why. I would recommend to go with a MangaFlow catback, it's the best buy for a budget buyer. Go ahead and get a y pipe that has cats on it, like the TSP Y-Pipe with Cats. ( http://www.texas-speed.com/item_deta...ProductID=1261 ) You may not have to worry about emissions, but you'll prefer the sound of a lot less rasp.

Thread Information