Thread: Lm 2

slo98ss

Lm 2

hey guys, i have a 1998 camaro SS with a SLP lid and a slp short throw, im looking at getting hte loud mouth 2, just wondering what it compares to cuz there really arent any clips of it on ls1sounds.com lemme know what you think.

silver
    2000 camaro ss

i just got it on my car i love it!!! it sounds awesome. Very deep and throaty, doesnt sound all raspy and drone like the original lm. also there is a clip on ls1 sounds ,com. click the loudmouth thing on the left and there will be a 01 ws6 near the top that says lm2

slo98ss
    yah it doesnt sound bad. lemme kno wut anyone else here thinks, what will it sound like with headers?

pewter
    2000 z28

ive had my lm2 for about 6 months now and realy like it. has no rasp and is very deep.love the sound it makes at wot. if money isnt a problem id look into the gmmg. one of my buddies just got it and it sounds awesome.

cedric85745
    loud mouth is good but I would check if you could get a chambered muffler instead of the lm2 bulltet, sound more refine and would be a good cheaper alternative to GMMG
    just my .02
    I know that loud mouth2 still very loud , just a little less rasp and a little quieter at idle
    price is not to bad
    I also advise you to check tsp rumbler, same idea as lm2 but different tip and way cheaper , less than 200 for the system with no tips
    texas-speed.com
    and they have a few sound bite of it on ls1sounds
    if you have the money , go GMMG, if you can find one

delinquent543
    what about with headers? will it sound as raspy as a regular lm sounds with headers?

cedric85745
    not as bad but yes , still raspy... I dont know if thats really a problem for you , have you heard a "raspy ls1" some people just like it that way,
    my best advice is to go to ls1sounds.com and ls1tech.com and do some research
    lot of people like the Hooker cat back with LTs and ORY for its low price, good looks (tips ) and no rasp with LTs/ORY , plus it has a very distinct sound, I should know I still have it in my garage ( will integrate in a future built !)
    plus it flow really well
    lots of people like that set up

Black
    2002 Camaro Z28

I had the LMII on for a short time with LT's and ORY and i really didnt hear much if any rasp. I thought it sounded very deep and muscular but then again im trying to sell the system for true duals, so what does that tell you. All in all i was happy with it. Loud when WOT and a nice mellow cruise note.

Thread Information