Red
    2001 ws6

Just wana make sure i got everything

Satrday im doing my header install at a buddys house and i just wana make sure i have everything and didnt miss anything. Its a 2001 WS6 I have kooks 1 3/4 headers into a ORY into SLP exhaust with a magnaflow bullet muffler. Im doing plugs while in there. Is there anything i need though. Im removing the Air and EGR and heard for the 01 you dont need the block off plates? I have the 24'' extensions. Can anyone tell me what else i would need and i make sure i have it. Thanks
    -Dan

NBM
    2002 z28 camaro

Quote Originally Posted by basballny2 View Post
    Satrday im doing my header install at a buddys house and i just wana make sure i have everything and didnt miss anything. Its a 2001 WS6 I have kooks 1 3/4 headers into a ORY into SLP exhaust with a magnaflow bullet muffler. Im doing plugs while in there. Is there anything i need though. Im removing the Air and EGR and heard for the 01 you dont need the block off plates? I have the 24'' extensions. Can anyone tell me what else i would need and i make sure i have it. Thanks
    -Dan
    If the kooks are "race" style headers you don't need the block off plates. If they have tubes coming up you will need the block of plates.

You will need a plug for the lid for air system and also in the back of the intake there is a hose that needs to be plugged.

The 24" extenstions might be a little long and need to be tucked up which is what I did.

Have you thought about doing the poly motor mounts? Now would be a good time to do them since you will have easy access to everything with the exhaust off the car.

Im sure others will chime in for anything that i am forgetting

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/ mods, 00 FBVert

I just did this last FRI/SAT. These 2 threads should help up out alot. One is mine and the other I used as a guid. It was very helpfull. The 2 threads should be able to answer alot of questions that may come up.

http://www.ls1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=122035

http://www.ls1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=117548

Anti-seeze is your friend - use it.

Also use this: GM Header Gasket - new model released PN 12617944 $21 each (GMPartsDirect has them for ~$9.80 ea)
    DO NOT USE PAPER GASKET SUPPLIED

And after a few runs, check your header bolts and clamps to make sure they are still tight.

9.62/140

Def anti seize the spark plugs

Sold: LS1 '85 El Camino ls1camino's Avatar

2000 Grand Prix GTP
    2000 Trans Am WS6 M6

How are you guys getting your cars high enough to get LTs in? I did mine on a lift...

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/ mods, 00 FBVert

Quote Originally Posted by ls1camino View Post
    How are you guys getting your cars high enough to get LTs in? I did mine on a lift...
    A 24" roller floor jack and 4 jack stands. Have a buddy help guide and assist.

Had mine about 18 to 20 inches in air, did all top side work first then worked on bottom side.

Red
    2001 ws6

Quote Originally Posted by 02Sweet View Post
    If the kooks are "race" style headers you don't need the block off plates. If they have tubes coming up you will need the block of plates.

You will need a plug for the lid for air system and also in the back of the intake there is a hose that needs to be plugged.

The 24" extenstions might be a little long and need to be tucked up which is what I did.

Have you thought about doing the poly motor mounts? Now would be a good time to do them since you will have easy access to everything with the exhaust off the car.

Im sure others will chime in for anything that i am forgetting
    ya the kooks are race style, however in the header bolt package i only have one plug. where would i get the other plug?

NBM
    2002 z28 camaro

Quote Originally Posted by ls1camino View Post
    I had mine up about 30" off the ground. It was a little scarey at first.

Yellow
    2002 CETA

Mine was about 20" off the floor.. That was more than enough room for my pacesetters to fit in.

Don

Red
    2001 ws6

got mine in no problem, everything went smooth, had to do a little custom work on the exhaust but nothing too bad. In order to get the headers in because the car was about 24" off the ground we had to take the oil filter off but once that was off it took about 15 seconds to get the headers in there. The only question i have is what to do with the rubber air??? hose i believe.

Red
    2001 ws6

what do i do with these????

NBM
    2002 z28 camaro

That is the AIR system. There is a pump behind the d/s headlight towards the bottom. That hose and plastic piece can also be removed. If you do a search you can find instructions on how to remove it but its pretty straight forward.

Thread Information