Awaiting Activation

Just installed SLP lid on LS1, quick question

Ok so I just installed SLP lid on my WS6, I notice the extra power, but I also notice when I first turned it on that the idle was very low, but quickly picked up. I notice that every time I accelerate then put it into (N) the RPMs fall well below 1 almost feels like the car is about to shut off but it does not, is this normal? When I was removing the MAF I dropped it by accident but did not see any damage to the small sensors. I have an M6 so I am not sure if that makes a difference?

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

A lid itself will not make the car behave like that. You know anyone you with the same type of car you could trade mafs real quick with?

Black
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by freddy_caprice View Post
    Ok so I just installed SLP lid on my WS6, I notice the extra power, but I also notice when I first turned it on that the idle was very low, but quickly picked up. I notice that every time I accelerate then put it into (N) the RPMs fall well below 1 almost feels like the car is about to shut off but it does not, is this normal? When I was removing the MAF I dropped it by accident but did not see any damage to the small sensors. I have an M6 so I am not sure if that makes a difference?
    Shouldnt be a problem. Where did it idle before u installed the lid. Just make sure you didnt break/chip anything. I agree just swap MAF and see if it works. MAF is very sensitive.
    "Life is to short to drive a slow car"

Gone but not forgoten: 1998 Pontiac Trans Am M6 "The Black Bandit"
    Bought- 11-18-05
    Sold- 10-14-08

Awaiting Activation
    Yeah I think I might have damaged the MAF the car is pretty much stock so I think it idle at was around or righ before 1000. Funny I turned on the car again but did not notice the problem the car is idling right before 1000. My brother has a '98 z28 and his idles right at the 1000 mark.

Stockitie Stock Stock 95camaroZNC's Avatar

Red
    1999 Trans Am

Yeah I think I might have damaged the MAF the car is pretty much stock so I think it idle at was around or righ before 1000. Funny I turned on the car again but did not notice the problem the car is idling right before 1000. My brother has a '98 z28 and his idles right at the 1000 mark.
    My car idles lower then 1000 but im chalking that up to being a Auto, my m6 car did idle at 1000 thought.

Black
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

Computer MIGHT have to re-adjust. See how it goes for a few days. If your still worried, just let her loose next time your on the highway. If it hessitates/acts weird then I am willing to bet $ its the MAF.

Black
    00 NHRA Formula

When warm mine idles at 700....cold is 1K

Thread Information