Black
    1998 Z28 Camaro

installed hedman lt's and ory and wow!

Just put in hedman torque step 1 5/8 to 1 3/4 long tube headers with 3 inch off road y pipe and one of the new single 3 in dual 2.5 out cherry bomb extrem chambered mufflers in my 98 Z28. These mufflers are similar to the delta force race mufflers in size and design, it sounds awesome and runs great. I eliminated the cats and the entire egr system also and terminated the exaust right at the rear axle with the race muffler mounted right there, it sounds so wicked i'm super happy. Also put in taylor wires and ngk tr6 plugs Power is way up im just incinerating street tires in the first three gears.

That brings my current list of mods to:
    Hedman lt's and ory, cherry bomb extreme chambered muffler, built tremec t-56, 3.73 gears, mti lid, custom taylor 8mm wires, ngk tr6 plugs, nos 100 wet shot, hotchkis tubular lca's and panhard, poly trans mount, ZO6 clutch, wahlbro 255 lph fuel pump, phoenix 26x8 slicks, slp smooth bellows, k&n filter, hand ported polished throttle body, free ram air, tb coolant bypass, maf descreen, eliminated egr, cats, rear seats,rear mount muffler and tail pipes, sway bar, spare tire and jack, power seats, equates to over 150 pound weight reduction.

coming soon in my feverish quest for 10's : magic stick 4 billet roller cam, prc double valve springs with titanium retainers and chromoly push rods, ported and shimmed ls6 high volume oil pump, custom tuned pcm by tsp and ford 9 inch with 4.56 posi, front trick drag springs and skinnies in the front.

black, 05 Roush
    black, 99 T/A WS.6

Congrats,....post up soundclip and best of luck on your way to the 10 sec. club.
    1999 T/A WS6 Black -------SOLD
    05 mustang Roush sport;
    DOB manifold, m122 SC, 47lb injectors, gt500 TB, roush TVS CAI, Detroit rocker SC grind camshafts, Mac LTs, off road x, roush off road mufflers, roush short throw shifter, kenne bell BAP, Brenspeed 93 octane tune. 479rwhp 436ftlbs SAE.

Black
    1998 Z28 Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by Wheeler99WS6 View Post
    Congrats,....post up soundclip and best of luck on your way to the 10 sec. club.
    Thanks man i'll try to get some vids of the car at the track soon plus the exaust sound. Those mufflers sound really good, it has that real raspy chambered sound, plus those mufflers are only 50 bucks and have super good clearance cause of the small casing like the delta force. Cant wait to put in my magic stick 4, then its gonna sound really sick, gonna modify my y pipe into an x pipe soon and add one more chambered muffler for true duals. here is some pics of my new exaust before installed i'll put some of it on the car also.
    Last edited by BlwnCamaro; 02-25-2007 at 10:15 AM.

Navy Blue Metallic
    '99 T/A WS6 M6

Thumbs up

Sound clip if u can.....
    99 WS6 M6 NBM !Cags,!Cats,Vinci/Crane,Hurst,Detroit TruTrac,3:73,31 Splne,Edel.Race LT's,ORY,QTEC,Flow,ARP,Percy,MSD,SLP,AC/DELCO,Bosch,GMPP,Cntrfrce DF,Htchkiss,Susp.Tech,Lakewood,285's,Bilstein,Pro-kit,SLP,RK Sprt,A/Meter,Red Optima,Magnaflow S/S Tips,Hd Pins,Tint,Fire.Ex,[*4 Hot Rod Power Tours*]

Black
    1998 Z28 Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by NHRAMAN View Post
    Sound clip if u can.....

cool man i'll use my buddies camera and get one up soon, you guys are gonna like how it sounds, i was pleasantly surprised with the quality of sound and performance of the setup. It sounds totally different than most fbodies around now. you know how everyone always gets all happy about how the mustangs sound cause they can fit dual chambered mufflers, well it sounds deep and clean like that but with an added raspiness and ferocity that only the increased airflow of an ls1 could reproduce.

Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 Z28

good job. hope your happy. post sound clips

red
    1998 chevy camaro ss

what is the price on those hedman hedders and where u get em from?

Black
    1998 Z28 Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by sscamaro1384 View Post
    what is the price on those hedman hedders and where u get em from?
    They are only $229 and the matching ory is only $113! Its the most inexpensive deal on the market right now and they fit and seal good cause of the factory style gasketless 3 inch ball and socket flanges that meet the y pipe. Plus with the ball and socket you can adjust the way the ypipe is sitting for clearance from the floor pan to avoid prematurely triggering false spark knock from vibration. I got them from jegs and am happy with the performance and fit and jegs has those bad ass mufflers that I got in stock also. Would have liked the stainless setups but these are affordable and give me the horsepower that I crave and need, plus it's pretty dry where I live so rust is not a concern although you can get them ceramic also. My car is a budget buildup and these fit right in my budget, would recommend them, my horsepower is way up!

red
    1998 chevy camaro ss

would those headers bolt up to the stock y pipe? and do u think they'd be as good as pacesetter long tubes? or pretty close? i m lowered 1.5" all the way around. do u think there would be clearance issues?

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

4.56 gears??

Only plan on trapping 120 MPH in the quarter??

Black
    1998 Z28 Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Luos View Post
    4.56 gears??

Only plan on trapping 120 MPH in the quarter??

Actually tore that 9 inch down today that i bought and I ended up having 4.20 gears in it which will be perfect. But with 4.56's what you do is run a larger diameter tire like a 27-29 inch to get your top end pull you can play with tire size to find out whats optimized. Its actually better to run like that cause the larger diameter tire settles the car down and allows you to get better traction, but you still have the gearing leverage advantage for acceleration. If you look at the big dog big block drag cars they employ these physics by using sometime a very steep gear in the rear but use like a 31 inch tire to get top end. If you have a 4.30 geared car and move from a 26 inch tall tire to a 28 your effective gear ratio would be more like a 4.10. This is approximate but is a general rule of thumb. The larger tires weigh a little more but make up for it with improved traction and stability with high hp cars like on the juice, also the steep gearing is an advantage. hopefully I'll be trapping 125 plus on my sea level runs on the jug.

Black
    1998 Z28 Camaro

would those headers bolt up to the stock y pipe? and do u think they'd be as good as pacesetter long tubes? or pretty close? i m lowered 1.5" all the way around. do u think there would be clearance issues?
    You actually have to have the matching aftermarket y pipe cause they are long tubes but the y will match the factory cat back and aftermarket also, but it is very reasonable at only 113. I think they are easily as good as pacesetters, plus the flanges are arguably better where they meet the y pipe. honestly you will probably have some minor clearance issues with any long tubes and dual 3 inch y being that you are lowered, you just have to be aware and approach more carefully, still worth the performance to me, my car is stock height and no clearance issues though.

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

Quote Originally Posted by BlwnCamaro View Post
    Actually tore that 9 inch down today that i bought and I ended up having 4.20 gears in it which will be perfect. But with 4.56's what you do is run a larger diameter tire like a 27-29 inch to get your top end pull you can play with tire size to find out whats optimized.
    28" tall tire with 4.56's spinning to 6600'ish' is about 120MPH.

I currently run 4.11's with a 26" tire. I would run outta gear before crossing the trap at sea level. Works great at my altitude though.

Hard enough to fit a 28" tire in there as it is.

Black
    1998 Z28 Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Luos View Post
    28" tall tire with 4.56's spinning to 6600'ish' is about 120MPH.

I currently run 4.11's with a 26" tire. I would run outta gear before crossing the trap at sea level. Works great at my altitude though.

Hard enough to fit a 28" tire in there as it is.
    yea that sounds about right. Yea altitude sucks kinda out here also at about 4000 da, not as bad as bandimere but no walk in the park out here either to go fast. I always Look forward to my sea level runs in louisiana at no problem raceway =below sea level da! At no problem you can see times consistant with like englishtown in nj where stock f bodies run high 12's on street tires and c5 zo6's can run high 11's! Peace
    Jesse

red
    1998 chevy camaro ss

did u need the o2 extensions for the o2s? or was there any other extra parts u needed when u installed them? also are they 1.5- 1 5/8 or 1 5/8-1 3/4?

Black
    1998 Z28 Camaro

did u need the o2 extensions for the o2s? or was there any other extra parts u needed when u installed them? also are they 1.5- 1 5/8 or 1 5/8-1 3/4?
    yea I ordered plug in o2 extensions from jegs at the same time at 24 a piece. They came with new bolts, gaskets, optional egr blockoffs and the3 inch off road y pipe was a direct bolt on with adjustable factory style ball and socket flanges that require no gaskets. Went in great, included all necesary parts for install, had to take loose steering shaft to get in driver side. They are 1 5/8 -1 3/4. Some pages had them listed as 1.5 to 1 5/8 but that is a different application the ls1 headers are available in the larger size. I love them my power is way up and it sounds good. Peace
    Jesse

red
    1998 chevy camaro ss

did u have the egr deleted from your pcm? or did u just use the block off plates?any difference in idle or mileage? any pics of the exhaust on the car? thanks.

Thread Information