IAT sensor relocation

The IAT is located in the MAF on my truck application much like the 05-06 GTO's were.

The part number on my GM Delphi MAF is 15904068. From what I can tell it's the same MAF used on vettes and such and is listed for 4.8/5.3/6.0 applications. Can't find any reference to the GTO's however.

My dilema is this.....

Casperselectronics sells the wire harness for the IAT relocation ($22.95), however, there is no reference as to which MAF this fits other than making mention it's for 05-06 GTO's. It goes on to say "look at the picture to verify plug" The picture isn't good enough for me to tell either way what it might fit.
    I've tried contacting Casper a couple of times with the question of whether or not it would fit my part number MAF and/or plug. I've never gotten a response.

Anyone have an idea if my MAF is the same as the 05-06 GTO's? I am running an SD tune, the MAF is still in the air track for the sole purpose of IAT temps, otherwise it's inop. I'd like to remove it completely with the IAT relocation harness and stick an IAT in the intake pipe.

Is this harness going to plug into the original plug for the MAF? I just want clean "plug and play" I don't want to hack on my harness.
    Someone out there has had to do this at some point.

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Frost could answer this question in a hurry. I purchased a replacement MAF from GM Parts Direct for our car and it came with a harness adapter. The new MAF was plastic versus the aluminum original and was used on later year models. Let me go find the thread...

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Interesting. That's a very different MAF than what I have. Yours seems to have the big plastic heating element in the middle. Mine still has the little wires. It's a brand new MAF that I bought from Howell when I purchased a new wire harness and computer for the swap. I checked the GM part number on it at GM parts direct and it just says it fits 4.8/5.3/6.0's. Kind of vague to say the least.

Looks like your harness adapter is made for the 4th gens because they had a seperate IAT.

Mine is designed from the get go to have the IAT in the MAF, and has that 5 pin MAF. It's a 2004 truck 6.0 that I swapped into my 72 blazer. The harness was built to work with it.

Ironically, that IAT relocation harness from Caspers appears that it would plug into your little adapter harness (3 pin) which doesn't make sense if it's advertised as an IAT relocation harness for the 05-06 GTO that has the IAT in the MAF (which should be a 5 pin). That's why I'm skeptical of the picture and they don't get back with me on questions....

I can't seem to confirm that my 85mm truck MAF is the same as the 05-06 GTO's either, that alone would make me feel better about buying the adapter harness.

I'm running an SD tune so currently the MAF isn't working. It's just in there for the IAT temps at the moment. I'd like to remove it perminantly.

Give me a few and I'll post a couple of pics of the weather pack connection and MAF that I have. It doesn't look anything like the picture of the adapter harness from Casper...

Here is a picture......

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Yep, that is completely different from the one I have on the Trans Am. I can look under the hood of our 5.3 equipped Suburban and see how that is set up. Can you source a connector from the junkyard?

Not sure about having any luck at the junkyard. Last time I was there I didn't see anything new enough.

I'd like to see a picture from your truck. I'm curious if this is the same for the 05-06 GTO's too, since they also used the MAF for IAT temps. What year is your suburban?

From what I can find, this part number MAF I have is supposed to fit 4.8/5.3/6.0's. Which are truck powerplants, accept for the 05-06 GTO's that had 6.0's. I wonder if the MAF is the same.

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

The 'Burb is an '07. I'll try to snap a pic tonight and get it posted along with the P/N.

Cool thanks. That one should have the IAT integrated into the MAF just like mine. If so I would suspect the plug would be the same?

If so, then the real question would be,,,,is this the same as the 05-06 GTO's then??? That would tell me if the adapter harness from Casper would work or not...

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

You'll have to hit up one of the GTO guys on that one.

I'd still like to see a pic of yours.

In the mean time, I could post this pic in the GTO section and see if I get any bites.

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Totally different than yours and the replacement MAF on our Trans Am...

Interesting, thanks for taking the time Jeff. Appears you also have a 5 pin, so you have the IAT in the MAF. Outside of the connector looks a bit different though.

Guess the question remains, what are the GTO's using for an MAF and is that adapter harness going to work?

I posted over there but no one has stepped up. Guess they all sold their goats.

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Goats are very rare in our area. TLS_Addict had one for a while when I first joined the site, but sold it soon after.

Yeah I don't see them around here much either.

Appears no one has an answer. Apparently all the 05-06 goat owners are non existent now.

Looks like I'll end up going to GM for all the weather packs, pin out the connector and build my own.

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

They sell weatherpack connectors at the parts stores these days... not sure if they stock that style though.

Thanks Jeff. I may dig around next time I'm out.

Thread Information