White
    2002 Pontiac Trans Am

I like my Hooker Exhuast, but want something louder

whats up everyone, I want to start building my exhaust setup and have read and heard some clips on more or less the path im going. i have a stock 2002 a4 TA with just a hooker exhaust setup (no Lts or ory) and like the sound. Now what I am looking for is something of the same sound, but a couple notes higher on the gas at cruising speed. I am going to be purchasing Lts and an OrY (Pacesetter) in the future. I am liking the Magnaflow sound so far, any opinions or thoughts/comments/suggestions are greatly appreciated. Since sound clips can sometimes be misleading, i would like to see if anyone has had real life experience with this setup or similiar. I've also considered to go Gmmg route but its somewhat raspy for my taste. thanks everyone in advance!!

silver
    2002 ws6 ta convertible

Quote Originally Posted by mynightmare2002ta View Post
    whats up everyone, i want to start building my exhaust setup and have read and heard some clips on more or less the path im going. I have a stock 2002 a4 ta with just a hooker exhaust setup (no lts or ory) and like the sound. Now what i am looking for is something of the same sound, but a couple notes higher on the gas at cruising speed. I am going to be purchasing lts and an ory (pacesetter) in the future. I am liking the magnaflow sound so far, any opinions or thoughts/comments/suggestions are greatly appreciated. Since sound clips can sometimes be misleading, i would like to see if anyone has had real life experience with this setup or similiar. I've also considered to go gmmg route but its somewhat raspy for my taste. Thanks everyone in advance!!
    i have the hooker headers and ory and cat back and its not quite its pretty loud when in the throttle but at idle when warm its kind quite i went with the hooker stuff because evry f body around where i live has magnaflow i wuold keep your cat back and just do the headers and ory!!!

red
    99 camaro

Quote Originally Posted by REVNORR82 View Post
    i have the hooker headers and ory and cat back and its not quite its pretty loud when in the throttle but at idle when warm its kind quite i went with the hooker stuff because evry f body around where i live has magnaflow i wuold keep your cat back and just do the headers and ory!!!
    ^^^ Agreed. I had the exact same setup exept for the y pipe was tsp and it sounded good. I went to true duals and have since wished I hadnt.

Quote Originally Posted by REVNORR82 View Post
    i wuold keep your cat back and just do the headers and ory!!!
    Sound advice. Before you go changing your catback, I'd do your header and off road Y swap first and see what that does for ya. Then decide on a catback from there. Everyone has a different noise tollerance/preference.

Black
    2000 WS6 6spd Hooker LT

^^^I agree.

When you put your LT/ORY, it will make your car louder. I have Hooker LT/ORY/Aerochamber, I used to think it was too quiet. I had to put the Aerochamber on bc my old muffler (way louder than the Hooker) had a loose baffle and would rattle badly. I then drove behind and near my car, with someone else driving it, and it sounds mean as hell now.

I liked the loudness of it before, but now it's about right. You don't hear me coming from 2-3 blocks away anymore!

member since may 2000 nhraformula's Avatar

black
    2000 nhra edition formula

Dont throw away money needlessly, keep the exhaust you have on their now. The moment you do heads, its gonna be loud.
    2000 nhra edition formula
    a few bolt ons, 379 rwhp
    11.96 @113.25

The Generals Finest Deviant LS1's Avatar

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 Trans Am

I loved my Hooker catback. Remember the louder you get the more rasp you'll get.

White
    2002 Pontiac Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
    Sound advice. Before you go changing your catback, I'd do your header and off road Y swap first and see what that does for ya. Then decide on a catback from there. Everyone has a different noise tollerance/preference.
    Great advise here guys, I'll get my Headers and Y before buying anything else. Thanks for all of your input, greatly appreciated

Arctic White
    01 TA / 06 Duc 749D

Get a E-Cutout. If you like the Hooker catback but want it louder then throw a cutout on there and you can have loud when you want it and back to normal at the control of a switch.

like everyone said....install the LTs and ypipe and see how you like it AND if you want it louder get a cutout

Thread Information