BLACK
    Z/28 LS1

HUSKY catch can bracket

For those running HUSKY or Campbell Hausfeld 1 1/2" air compressor filters as catch cans on there LS1's I have designed a aluminum bracket so the catch can can be mounted securely to the front of the passenger side head.The bracket will be CNC machined and the bolts will be countersunk flush. The front of the bracket can be taken off easily via 2 allen bolts-while the main part of the bracket remains attached to the head-this allows for easy oil removal/filter removal. Forcedfirebird (a member here)will be machining the brackets. For those that dont know-the Husky or Campbell Hausfeld air compressor filters can be used as a catch can on LS1 engines and can be purchased at Home Depot for $11.00-they are see through and have a drain plug at the bottom of them and the clear resevoir part of the filter can be unscrewed so the oil can be dumped. Its a cheap alternative to paying $150 + for a aluminum catch can -besides that-you can see how much oil is being "caught" and they look cool IMO. I am trying to see who might be interested in one of the brackets once I try the prototype on my car and take pictures because the more we order the better the price will be. I am making nothing on them. I just want one for my car and thought I could help a few people here that may want one. Right now Forcedfirebird says he can make them for $45 each. Here are a few pictures of the CAD design for the bracket:

Last edited by LETHALxLS1; 03-02-2008 at 02:20 PM.

BLACK
    Z/28 LS1

Bump

Sofa King we Todd did

Black
    1990 Firebird

Any interest? This is the final product, and have a couple left out of this batch. $50 for the bracket only shipped to the lower 48.
    3.4/3500 Twin Turbo almost complete
    I have CNC machines, contact me if you need something. 3500 top ends available.

-John

BLACK
    Z/28 LS1

I have a different thread ana few showed interest. I will post this pic there.

Thread Information