Thread: Hp Tuner

Navy Metallic Blue
    2000 Camaro Z-28

Lightbulb Hp Tuner

MY Z-28 is basically stock but i have a slp lid ,egr mod, ported tb, k&n, free ram air, tb coolant bypass,flowmaster 3" cat back and granatelli maf ends. the ? is i have a fellow that said hed program my z for a 100.00 and im puzzled on what i need to modify and how far to go on timing and fuel enrichment. i wnt to get the most out of w/out hurting it and i need some info on what some of u guys have yalls computer tuned. will i be able to tell a big difference in power? i plan on adding 3.73 gears and lt headers w cats later.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

personally I would wait until you do the headers and gears to have it tuned unless he's gonna cut you a good deal on a retune. $100 is cheap but I would also make sure he knows what he's doing.

Silver
    2002 WS6 Trans Am

IF he's a good tuner AND takes the time to tune you correctly, it is not uncommon to pick up 20-30HP from a good tune. It will improve your ETs too (with torque management removed and shift times reduced). Even a stock LS1 vehicle will post decent gains from a good tune. Do all your upgrades before getting tuned to maximize your tune. Headers will change your fuel mix needs... and gears can be tuned in too to adjust shift points and calculations the computers uses to maximize efficiency and keep your speedo right.

$100 seems awful cheap though, I'd be sure he know's what he's doing before I let him tune anything for me. Do you know anyone he's tuned?

SS: NBM, tan top
    1998-SS, 2010 Jetta TDI

local shop near me wants 450 for the tune and dyno time, FUCK that, if anything i'll buy the dam suite

Navy Metallic Blue
    2000 Camaro Z-28

he has a 01 firehawk that runs 11.6s.......would that tune be more powerful than a hand held tuner?

Navy Metallic Blue
    2000 Camaro Z-28

also would i tell a diff in power if i switched from the flowmaster exhaust to a loudmouth ?

Silver
    2002 WS6 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by Y2KblueZ-28 View Post
    also would i tell a diff in power if i switched from the flowmaster exhaust to a loudmouth ?
    If he's running HPTuners, that's much better than any handheld. $100 still sounds a bit cheap, but if he has a decent rep I'd have to give it a try at that price. Best to do all your upgrades first though if you plan to do any in the near future because your tune needs will change with them.
    Last edited by jag42420; 08-25-2007 at 08:49 PM.

Silver
    2002 WS6 Trans Am

Probably not enough of a difference to tell, if any. Some go with true duals to pick up some power over a catback setup. I forked out the cash for the Bassani true duals. Best money I've spent on mods so far...

Navy Metallic Blue
    2000 Camaro Z-28

Could u send a pic of how its ran underneath the car ? r u runnin cats

Silver
    2002 WS6 Trans Am

I don't have underneath pics of mine yet, but here are pics from mrr23's (member here and at LS1tech.com) http://www.stealthram.com/bassanidualexhaust.htm It's the same setup. I do have a sound clip of mine, and can email it to you if you're interested. I have mine stock and after the Bassani. Here is one from behind and underneath I took right after my install to show clearance. Attachment 14059 I am running high flow cats, because I didn't want mine to be excessively loud.

Navy Metallic Blue
    2000 Camaro Z-28

Yeah That Would Be Great........ Never Heard An Ls1 W True Duals

Silver
    2002 WS6 Trans Am

Here's a video clip with sound I posted on photobucket. This was pre-headers and high flow cats, on stock manifolds and stock cats. http://s217.photobucket.com/albums/c...nt=Bassani.flv I made this video right after I installed the Bassani true duals, which is why there is a little smoke (from the anti-sieze compound burning off). At idle Bassani isn't much louder than stock, just a bit lower in tone. It does get louder as you get into it, and sounds great at WOT. Headers and high flows made it a bit louder too. I'll post an updated video in the next few days with the headers & high flows. I'm in a remodel project right now...
    Last edited by jag42420; 08-27-2007 at 05:52 AM.

2000 SS

MY Z-28 is basically stock but i have a slp lid ,egr mod, ported tb, k&n, free ram air, tb coolant bypass,flowmaster 3" cat back and granatelli maf ends.
    You call that Stock

Mines stock too. LOL
    Last edited by WEZONIT; 08-28-2007 at 11:20 AM.
    2000 SS M6 New setup - LS2 402 w/a MS3 Cam and Ported 243's. Fast 92mm Intake, P.T.I. 92mm TB, Pacesetter LT's, Catted Y-pipe, MagnaFlow Cat-back, LS7 Clutch Kit, LCA's w/Relo Brakets, SFC, PHB, !egr, !a.i.r.

Quote Originally Posted by WEZONIT View Post
    You call that Stock

Mines stock too. LOL

yeap

stock lolll

Thread Information