Thread: How much HP?

both red
    1998 Z28 - 1991 Z28

How much HP?

What would I gain with a tune from someone like frost (or someone else)? 1998 z28 w mti lid, k&n, free mods, LM2 cat back, M6. And what will it do to my gas milage on the hoghway? Getting about 26-27 miles a gallon at 85-90 miles an hour. Thanks, John

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

With your mod's, you gain some HP and lose zero MPG. Hes running a special right now, 100 bucks gets you a mail order. Jump on it now if your going to.

both red
    1998 Z28 - 1991 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Po View Post
    With your mod's, you gain some HP and lose zero MPG. Hes running a special right now, 100 bucks gets you a mail order. Jump on it now if your going to.
    Lose nothing in the gas mile range for real? What exactly do they modify? Thanks John

both red
    1998 Z28 - 1991 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Po View Post
    Sorry, should have asked this earlier. Is it a chip you install? John

U. S And A Greatest country in all of world

Stock
    2002 Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by JB454 View Post
    Sorry, should have asked this earlier. Is it a chip you install? John

no you send frost your PCM and he tunes it then sends it back

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

Quote Originally Posted by JB454 View Post
    Lose nothing in the gas mile range for real? What exactly do they modify? Thanks John
    With your mods, he wont be doing anything drastic. Just picking little areas up where you were lacking. Shouldnt lose any MPG with just a basic tune.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Crash View Post
    no you send frost your PCM and he tunes it then sends it back

White
    01 Camaro 6speed

To answer your question on what you would get from your tune is not an exact answer every car is different and certain tunes ive heard people get 10rwhp all the way up to 30rwhp with minor bolt ons. With frost you can feel good about getting the tune from him because he is well respected and knows what he is exactly doing especially with our cars. You should be able to pull atleast 12-15 rwhp more then what you have now with a tune from Frost. Gas mileage should not change at all and in some cases people have reported better MPG but thats very hard to target since there are many factors to your MPG. I think even with my mods the tune was well worth it and without the tune i would not have gotten the RWHP and RWTQ numbers i did, Thanks to Frost.
    1993 Z28 M6: K&N Intake, 52mm TB, TB Bypass, No Cats, Exhaust Cutout, Flowmaster Muffler, 3.90 Gears, 160 Thermo, Tune, BMR Springs, Bilstein Shocks, 3 Point SFC,s & MGW Shifter.

both red
    1998 Z28 - 1991 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by karpetcm View Post
    To answer your question on what you would get from your tune is not an exact answer every car is different and certain tunes ive heard people get 10rwhp all the way up to 30rwhp with minor bolt ons. With frost you can feel good about getting the tune from him because he is well respected and knows what he is exactly doing especially with our cars. You should be able to pull atleast 12-15 rwhp more then what you have now with a tune from Frost. Gas mileage should not change at all and in some cases people have reported better MPG but thats very hard to target since there are many factors to your MPG. I think even with my mods the tune was well worth it and without the tune i would not have gotten the RWHP and RWTQ numbers i did, Thanks to Frost.
    I understand that is a loaded question. Thanks for the info. How long does it take for him to get to a project (not including shipping) as I don't have the other Z28 out and this is my dd. Again, thanks peoples

Pewter, Red
    00 SS 94 Z28 Droptop

I got mine back from Frost on Friday. And I dont know what to say oher than best 100 I've spent. Really livened mine up I have just basic bolt-ons. Mines an A4 and he adjusted the shift points, awesome. Great guy, great service
    he usually has it for day then seds it back to u, mine was gone a week but
    I didnt pay for faster shipping. Just do it.
    Have a blessed Day.
    -Ronnie

both red
    1998 Z28 - 1991 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by UnderHisGrace View Post
    I got mine back from Frost on Friday. And I dont know what to say oher than best 100 I've spent. Really livened mine up I have just basic bolt-ons. Mines an A4 and he adjusted the shift points, awesome. Great guy, great service
    he usually has it for day then seds it back to u, mine was gone a week but
    I didnt pay for faster shipping. Just do it.
    Thanks once again. Where can I find frost on this site and schedule a job? John

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

Thread Information