Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: how many.

2002 trans am ws6

how many.

It has been a while since I posted something so let's see how this turns out.

The thing is that I had on my car long tube headers, high flow cats and a flow master( I think it was an 80 series). The other day I not notice that it sounded more loud, so I lifted the car to check it out. Turns out the the pipe going into the muffler was rusted and broke. I removed the muffler so that it wouldn't fall later. So my question is. If I say the hell with it and take it to the muffler( 3rd time I mention this word lol) shop and tell them to do straight pipes all the way out back. How loud would it be? I like the way it sounds but sense the exhaust is coming out underneath the car it's pretty loud. Will it make any difference once it's going out straight out back?

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Are you saying you would remove the mufflers?
    Boost gets you laid, unless your name is Jon.

2002 trans am ws6

It kinda did by his self. So as of right now. The pipe coming from the y-pipe end where the muffler was.

Cayanne
    98 Z28 Vert M6

I can tell you that I don't even have long tubes, and I have a hole in one of my pipes before the muffler and it's way too effing loud for my taste. Of course, my muffler also has some issues, as well. But yeah, I suspect that it would be ungodly loud with long tubes and no muffler.
    Lid, Throttle Body, LS6 Intake, Heads, Cam, Magnaflow, LS7 Clutch, SFCs, STB, Panhard Bar, Strano Springs, Hollow Sway Bars, Poly/Roto LCAs, Konis, MGW Shifter

Pewter
    2002 Trans Am WS6 M6

I have duals dumped at the axel. Thing is f'ing loud as my neighbor likes to remind me of all the time. If he only heard it when I had no muffler. Couldn't even hear myself thinking. Was cool all of 2 days until I took a 30 minute drive. It was old by the end of it. My old magnaflow setup kept breaking so I didn't have a muffler for a few days. Had all the pipe work up till the muffler in so it ended almost at the rear bumper.
    Last edited by raynor139; 04-10-2016 at 09:31 PM.
    Mods - Lid, Skip Shift Eliminator, MGW shifter, UMI SFCs, Founders Lower Control Arms, Founders Panhard Bar, Founders Adj. Torque Arm, UMI Torque arm mount, MWC Drive shaft safety loop, KONI Yellows, Strano Springs, Strano Sway bars, UMI Upper and lower A Arms, 160 thermostat, TSP headers and TSP true duals Monster stage 2 clutch, racetronix fuel pump, Strange S60 rear axle and tune by Frost.

Black/ Silver
    98 TA WS6/ 01 C5 Corvette

No louder than a loud mouth because it's a resonator with those and not a muffler.

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Tapatalk
    1998 Trans Am WS6 - Phantom
    421 CI LQ9, Tick Performance Custom Cam, TFS 255cc LS3 heads, Kooks 2" LT headers, Kooks 3" True Duals w/ high flow cats, FTP 104 lid, Speed Density Tune, 4" silicon tube, LS6 VCT, FAST 102 Intake, NW 102 TB, Oil Catch Can, SLP Bilstein Shocks w/ Vogtland Springs, CTS-V 4-piston Calipers w/C6 Z06 rotors, Stainless Steel Brake Lines, R1 concepts premium rotors, Hawk HP+ brake pads, VFN WSQ Hood, C5-R timing chain, SLP oil pump, E85 tune, Walbro 450 fuel pump, Deatschwerkz 95# injectors, Breathless performance headlights, Frost Tune, !HVAC.
    (Coming Soon) BMR DSL, UMI TQ Arm
    421 LQ9 14.8:1 on E85 Build/

Black/ Silver

It will probably be really raspy.

2002 trans am ws6

The car is not my daily driver, think I'm going to try it out. I guess worse case scenario if I don't like it. I'll get a cat back exhaust.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Yes, it'll be much louder without mufflers.

Black/ Silver

Quote Originally Posted by dav-02ws6-m6 View Post
    The car is not my daily driver, think I'm going to try it out. I guess worse case scenario if I don't like it. I'll get a cat back exhaust.
    That's what I'd do but also my car will have headers that are dumped out the front bumper so I may not be the best to ask if it will be too loud lol.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

I have 1-7/8" headers going into a 3" ORY with the LMII exhaust (no catalytic converters). It is insanely loud. You can easily hear my car coming from over a block away at idle speed. With the blower installed, it got even louder. It's at a point where people next to me roll up their windows if they're driving next to me and that's when I'm not even goosing it. I've gotten used to it. People always compliment me on how badass it sounds. They usually describe it as a jet coming down a runway.

2002 trans am ws6

Well I went to a couple of shops, and they said they can't do it. So I guess i could get the slp loudmouth. Or for about an extra couple hundred dollars get a MagnaFlow.

Black/ Silver

It's more of they won't I guess the shops around here wouldn't care and would do it. I'd go with the loudmouth 1 over the magnaflow. I personally feel that's too quiet but that's just me.

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/ mods, 00 FBVert

E-cut outs for the win....Have a Magnaflow for "stealth" around LEO's and then open cutout for pissing off Prius Snobs and track/car shows....

2002 trans am ws6

I have been thinking about the cut outs. The thing is that here in my part of Virginia it would require me to remove it for inspection. Plus I think it wouldn't take long for me to get a ticket with them

2002 trans am ws6

What's the difference between the loudmouth I and the loudmouth II

Black/ Silver

I have been thinking about the cut outs. The thing is that here in my part of Virginia it would require me to remove it for inspection. Plus I think it wouldn't take long for me to get a ticket with them
    I lived in NOVA with no issues with LTs hi flow cats and a loudmouth 1.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Loud mouth II is quiter...not by much though.

Pewter
    2002 Trans Am WS6 M6

NC is about as bad as VA and I couldn't pass with my cutout. Had to get a buddy to pass it.

Navy Blue
    2002 Trans Am WS6 Conv

What's the difference between the loudmouth I and the loudmouth II
    The whole system is the same except for the "muffler". In fact SLP calls the Loud Mouth a "race resonator" while they call the Loud Mouth II a "race muffler". On the Loud Mouth it is basically a smooth expansion chamber with absolutely nothing inside. Quite loud and a bit on the raspy side. The Loud Mouth II has some baffling around the inside of the "muffler" that in my opinion quiets it just a bit but also smooths out the sound. I'm very happy with my Loud Mouth II. If you want to take the risk and get a Loud Mouth and find it is too much, you can easily swap out the muffler only by purchasing just the Loud Mouth II race resonator later.
    ATI Procharger, SFCs, Y-pipe, LM2, BBK Shorty Headers, Corvette N73 Magnesium Wheels, 4th Circle Designs Stripe and Overlay kit

Thread Information