2002 C5 - M6 - Blue
    2000 Z28 - A4 - Pewter

How to identify what brand headers I have???

ok first off, i don't know if this is the correct section or not, so if it's not, I'm sure it'll be moved and I apologize in advance. Since I bought the car from the previous owner who seemed to know next to nothing about it, is there anywhere on the headers to identify what brand they are? I'm guessing they're cheap maybe pacesetter or flowtech? Only reason being is because the previous owner seemed like he just wanted full exhaust thrown on the car and didn't care what the exhaust shop put on it. It's got a catted y-pipe and thats exactly the reason I'm trying to identify them, so I can get as close of a fit of an ORY as can be. I'm so close to just busting $150 for a flowtech, taking it to my exhaust guy and asking him to make it work, but I really don't want to piss him off, end up with a leak, and him tellin' me he did what he could without charging me an arm and a leg (which would defeat the whole purpose of buyin a cheap ORY). So I'm kind of in a jam. Anybody have any solutions for this? I would attach pictures, but the site doesnt give me any attachment options

Silver
    04 Pontiac GTO

Well some header brands weld a tag on one of the primaries. I know pace setter does this but im pretty sure flow tech does not. Other than that there isnt really a way to tell

98 Formula
    06 duramax

you can open a photobucket account and link the pictures to here...easy and free. What type of collectors does it have? Pacesetter are slip fit collectors and flowtech are 3 bolt flange collectors I'm pretty sure. Pictures would help quite a bit. Are they silver or have a rainbow discoloration to them? That will tell you if they're coated mild steel or stainless. If they're black or rusted they're most likely not coated. A picture of how the primaries bend would be the tell all I think.

2002 C5 - M6 - Blue
    2000 Z28 - A4 - Pewter

Perhaps not a good picture, after I post these pictures, I will go outside and jack the car up to get better pictures of it, but here's one that I have on the MasterCraft forum in which I am a member
    http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/...&pictureid=828

2002 C5 - M6 - Blue
    2000 Z28 - A4 - Pewter

Ok, I jacked the car up and took some pictures. Now that I actually LOOKED at it, it appears as if it IS an ORY (definately not a stocker), and the retards at the exhaust shop just cut some metal off and welded in the mini-cats themselves. I call them retards because they also beat the crap out of it, which you'll see in the pictures as well. So I've got LT's (again, not sure what kind) and a Borla "cat-back". Last time I drove the car which would be about 2 weeks ago, I had noticed a rattling sound at idle on the back end when I was almost home. So I figured while I had the car up taking pictures, I'd start it up and find out what it was. So I did and the driver's side tip was rattling and sounded like it was coming from inside. So I peak in and see something laying in there like, WTF? Some low-life put a good size peice of bark from a tree in there. Niiiiiiiice. Somebody loves me

Anyways, maybe you guys can help to tell me what brand of headers I have. I didn't see any stampings on the primaries soo....??
    http://s955.photobucket.com/albums/ae38/TEAL98/

2001 3.8 Black - sold
    2000 SS Black M6

I guess its safe to say they arent coated, lol

Impounded
    2000 firechicken

JBA ?

2002 C5 - M6 - Blue
    2000 Z28 - A4 - Pewter

Upon further inspection of the primaries and the cross pattern I've seen on the display pictures for the hooker and pacesetter websites, I beleive them to be hooker. I can't really get a good enough picture to post, and my laptop won't play .mov files from my digi so I guess I'll just go with that. I do appreciate the help tho fellas

2002 C5 - M6 - Blue
    2000 Z28 - A4 - Pewter

Strange combination but perhaps a heddman y-pipe as well??? Does hooker have anything to do with heddman, or are they competitors?

Red
    2001 ws6

Quote Originally Posted by Spikito View Post
    I guess its safe to say they arent coated, lol
    or stainless

red
    99 camaro

looks like QTP's to me, but not sure.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

qtp's are stainless I believe. I was thinking pacesetter but those collectors look too long to be pacesetter.

red
    99 camaro

^^^ thats true but they look like some kind of flow venturi is on them kind of like the qtp's have.

Thread Information