Hood/air diverter questions

Has anyone ever removed the air diverters from behind the plastic screens on a ws6 hood? Is this safe to do, or will it allow water to be sucked up into the intake?

Second question. I just installed a sheet of aluminum in between my radiator, and air box. Has anyone else ever done this? and in your opinion is it helping the ram air effect by keeping the air coming in through the hood pointed at the air filter, or does it hurt by not allowing the air coming up along the front of the radiator to enter into the intake? I know this is the epitome of making a mountain out of a mole hill, but I'd have no idea if I'm making more or less power w/o a dyno, I'm not the best at the seat of the pants feel... Thanks for your help! Oh, and I do have pics if that will help, I just don't know how to make them small enough to fit on here.

hugger orange

Quote Originally Posted by hot93rod View Post
    Has anyone ever removed the air diverters from behind the plastic screens on a ws6 hood? Is this safe to do, or will it allow water to be sucked up into the intake?

Second question. I just installed a sheet of aluminum in between my radiator, and air box. Has anyone else ever done this? and in your opinion is it helping the ram air effect by keeping the air coming in through the hood pointed at the air filter, or does it hurt by not allowing the air coming up along the front of the radiator to enter into the intake? I know this is the epitome of making a mountain out of a mole hill, but I'd have no idea if I'm making more or less power w/o a dyno, I'm not the best at the seat of the pants feel... Thanks for your help! Oh, and I do have pics if that will help, I just don't know how to make them small enough to fit on here.
    reset your default so you can search older threads on here.
    awhile back some had good pics of his homemade ram air. he cutout the blockoff plates and made a piece that sealed the hood to bottom half of the air box.
    normal rain I wouldn't worry about, but I'd say out of a monsoon.
    to get pics on here download them to photo bucket, edit and resize, then copy/paste the link for the picture that starts with [img

Thread Information