black
    2000 camaro ss

hollowing out cats

I also have been readin about hollowing cats.. i had my last ones hollowed on my old camaro at a shop dude did it for me cuz ive spent alot of money with him and he was tryin to save me money.. what problems would i run into with it?

dbl clutch'n like i shld WICKEDLS1's Avatar

sebring silver
    Y2K SS CAMARO

check engine light for sure plus federal emissions laws and there's probably more im forgetting but why take the time to hollow them when you can just cut them out and have it tuned thats the route that i would go

Bright Red
    2000 TA Firehawk 0041/742

Besides the check engine light you'll also smell more fuel in the exhaust since the cats serve to burn up much of the excess hydrocarbons.

ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by WICKEDLS1 View Post
    check engine light for sure plus federal emissions laws and there's probably more im forgetting but why take the time to hollow them when you can just cut them out and have it tuned thats the route that i would go
    Some states such as mine (PA) have areas that don't require emissions testing. However they do require that the emissions stuff @ least be there for a visual.. Hollowing out the cats is the best way for us to get around it unless you know folks.. I'm working on becomming exempt with my 01 Camaro.. Under 5k miles per year here and you don't have to emissions test anywhere including the city..
    :\Users\Steven\Pictures\d6ftg5nh.gif

Suggestion: If you are particularly irritated by another member's posting habits and are constantly fighting the urge to flame them, you can click on that person's profile, and select "Add to ignore list." This will make that person's posts invisible to you.

sebring silver
    Y2K SS CAMARO

I see here in ok its the same way but none of the cops take the time to look under your car or test your exhaust especially since our cars are so low to the ground

ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Quote Originally Posted by WICKEDLS1 View Post
    I see here in ok its the same way but none of the cops take the time to look under your car or test your exhaust especially since our cars are so low to the ground
    Our state troopers are D.O.T. trained. They can also call in a mobile inspection unit if they want to be d*cks.. Rare that any of it happens tho.. We have 24hr repair notices too.. Where if they deem the car unroad worthy they can order you to repair the vehicle and have it inspected by them within 24hr..

black
    2000 camaro ss

Quote Originally Posted by Smittro View Post
    Our state troopers are D.O.T. trained. They can also call in a mobile inspection unit if they want to be d*cks.. Rare that any of it happens tho.. We have 24hr repair notices too.. Where if they deem the car unroad worthy they can order you to repair the vehicle and have it inspected by them within 24hr..
    We have no emissions here..wen I had my z28 hollowed cats and loudmouth one I was downtown and was nextt to aa cop and my buddy asked if he wanted to run one and he said "that's all pipes no power"n lol

Bright Red
    2000 TA Firehawk 0041/742

Quote Originally Posted by Smittro View Post
    Wow, thank God I live in the county! Inside Memphis they have emissions testing, but not out here in the county. We have insanely strict noise ordinances and officers who will pull you over for doing 3 over, but at least we don't have emissions testing!
    2000 Pontiac Firehawk #0041 of 742

sebring silver
    Y2K SS CAMARO

true we probably have that too but ive never seen it lol and i think that I would rather have emissons testing then dick cops however there are a few here in norman that definately aren't the nicest and love to pick on sports cars (really anything nice or fast)

Thread Information