Holley intake install problems-help!

Ok, so I decided to change out my FAST intake to a polished Holley intake. I haven't had any problems switching intakes out before, so I gave it a shot. Everything went on, and I hooked everything back up.

I cranked it, and it went wide open throttle!!! I shut it off quickly, and gave it a few minutes, and tried again, and it sputtered really bad, like it wasn't on the right cylinders. Shut it down and gave it a few more minutes, and cranked and it went back to wide open throttle!

WHAT THE #$%^&*(?

It sounds like it could be a vacuum leak, but I don't see anything unplugged or open? Anyone have any ideas what the hell is going on?

Please help

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Is the bottom of the intake hitting the bolts in the valley pan causing it to not seat properly?

Quote Originally Posted by pajeff02 View Post
    Is the bottom of the intake hitting the bolts in the valley pan causing it to not seat properly?
    It could be something to that effect. I noticed it did NOT settle down as well as the FAST intake did. It also has paper gaskets that I am NOT a fan off, as the FAST has the rubber gaskets that fit perfect. I am thinking the FAST is going back in.

Silver & Blue
    02 Camaro SS, 04 GTO

I think the paper gasket may be the cause. It could be the reason the throttle is hung in WOT. You are going to have to either check your TPS on your laptop or pull it apart and see what is going on inside. Good luck.
    My ride is a 2002 Camaro SS SLP #3296 with 30k, LTH, 3" Y, CME, Frost tune, K&N, ported TB, Blackwing lid, Bellows, MSD, Denso Iridium, and 85mm MAF, Bilsteins, Eibach springs, SLP strut brace, Adj. Panhard, TA Girdle, UMI, Pro 5.0, Nitto NT555
    My wife has a 2004 GTO with the rare SAP, 18" wheels, K&N Cold Air System, MSD, Ported TB, Frost tune, Denso Iridium, Flowmaster cat-back, 3200 Yank, 75k

Quote Originally Posted by 2002ssslp View Post
    I think the paper gasket may be the cause. It could be the reason the throttle is hung in WOT. You are going to have to either check your TPS on your laptop or pull it apart and see what is going on inside. Good luck.
    I don't like the paper gasket either. It has potential to be a problem. I am thinking about just putting the FAST back on, and sending the Holley back. Thanks for your replies.
    Angela

95 Z28
    95 V6
    99 TA

"Success is in the Details"

Black/ Silver
    98 TA WS6/ 01 C5 Corvette

Quote Originally Posted by 350 HRSS View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by 2002ssslp View Post
    I don't like the paper gasket either. It has potential to be a problem. I am thinking about just putting the FAST back on, and sending the Holley back. Thanks for your replies.
    I would ditch the holley. I had a Professional Products Intake which the design is exactly like the holley and I sold it and bought a Fast. The paper gaskets were horrible, you had to rtv seal everywhere just to get it to run somewhat properly and it still had a vacuum leak.
    1998 Trans Am WS6 - Phantom
    421 CI LQ9, Tick Performance Custom Cam, TFS 255cc LS3 heads, Kooks 2" LT headers, Kooks 3" True Duals w/ high flow cats, FTP 104 lid, Speed Density Tune, 4" silicon tube, LS6 VCT, FAST 102 Intake, NW 102 TB, Oil Catch Can, SLP Bilstein Shocks w/ Vogtland Springs, CTS-V 4-piston Calipers w/C6 Z06 rotors, Stainless Steel Brake Lines, R1 concepts premium rotors, Hawk HP+ brake pads, VFN WSQ Hood, C5-R timing chain, SLP oil pump, E85 tune, Walbro 450 fuel pump, Deatschwerkz 95# injectors, Breathless performance headlights, Frost Tune, !HVAC.
    (Coming Soon) BMR DSL, UMI TQ Arm
    421 LQ9 14.8:1 on E85 Build/

Quote Originally Posted by 98TransAmWs-6 View Post
    I would ditch the holley. I had a Professional Products Intake which the design is exactly like the holley and I sold it and bought a Fast. The paper gaskets were horrible, you had to rtv seal everywhere just to get it to run somewhat properly and it still had a vacuum leak.
    I agree 100%, and reading this reply proves that it's a lost cause. The FAST is going back on. Thank you for your replies. I feel confident now what the issues were/are.

Thread Information