silver
    2002 Z06

Question Hi-Flow fuel pump?

Hi all, I have a 2002 Z06 dedicated track car with a 383 stroker with a few other engine mods, but I think the fuel system is OEM. My question is at what point do I need a hi-flow fuel pump. It will be living at higher revs than a street car. I laso heard you can increase flow of OEM pump somehow? THX all Brian...

I'm not so sure about this. Let me ask my cousin. He's a well-trusted mechanic.

Navy Blue
    2002 Trans Am WS6 Conv

Given that you are running a non-stock engine at least in terms of cubic inches, if you are running larger fuel injectors than stock, have added a blower or turbo, or have made significant changes on the intake/throttle body side you may want to improve your fuel pump to ensure you can maintain the correct fuel pressure under all demands. Also, and most likely if you are still running the stock pump from 2002, then yes it is probably time to replace the pump just for the sake of reliability. I recommend you talk to Racetronix or a dealer of their parts. I took a quick look on their web site and they do not list a kit specifically for your application but they do cover all of the LS F bodies so I would bet they have something that will do the trick for your car too. Also, on the F-bodies at least, there is a recognized problem with not getting a full dedicated 12 volts to the fuel pump so Racetronix has a Hot Wire kit to run a dedicated power line to the pump. Not sure it that applies to the Corvette but I'm guessing the same engineers that did the F-Body did the fuel system for the Vette.
    ATI Procharger, SFCs, Y-pipe, LM2, BBK Shorty Headers, Corvette N73 Magnesium Wheels, 4th Circle Designs Stripe and Overlay kit

Thread Information