Thread: help with MAF!!

black
    1999 camaro z28

help with MAF!!

HELLo,
    now i know you are supposed to be careful when dealing with the MAF, but my '99 z28 has misc. things such as, feathers, bugs, and dirt stuck on it and so does my radiator...HOW DO I CLEAN THESE OFF!! help please, i've already taken off my air box and need to fix the problem this weekend so i can get everything put back on and be road ready by monday. thanks guys (and gals if your in here)

Awaiting Activation
    all that stuff is stuck on the wires or what?? If its the wires in the MAF i use electronic contact cleaner. Just use tiny spray straw to shoot it on it, but don't touch the wires.

Jesus died to save you! Killer_bluebird's Avatar

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 Camaro Z28

How in the world did feather and bugs get pass the filter? Probably the best bet is to take the housing apart. Be very careful with the center section. Then take the maf ends and clean them on the sink. If you need to clean the actual maf then use electronics cleaner and spray the willies out of it if should dry out without leaving any residue in the sensor wires. Then make sure the maf ends are thoroughly dry and assemble everything back together. The last thing would be to make sure your car goes on a no-bird diet that will help in the future.
    2000 NBM Camaro Z28
    Mods:
    SLP Lid & K&N, AHR Headers + 3" catted Y and Mangaflow, !EGR, !AIR, BMR CM STB, ST Front 35mm and Hellwig Adj. Rear 22mm Swaybar, Adj. Rod/Rod PHB, Koni SA's, Ground Control Springs & Adj. Ride height, and HPTuners.

black
    1999 camaro z28

i have no idea how they got there, this is the first time i've taken the air box apart since i've had it (since november) the entire air box was full of dirt and bugs, and what not also was the filter.the center piece of the MAF is clogged up...the silver center of the circle, is that the "wires" you guys are talking about...my radiator has a rather large blockage of all this stuff too...can i clean the radiator?? would this blockage set my check engine light off?
    AMERICAN muscle

black
    2014 camaro 2ss/rs

more than likely you are refering to the MAF screen and not the wires. just unbolt it and clean the screen off, then bolt it back together.
    Cold Air Intake, Muffler Delete, Vinci High Performance Dual Valve Springs, Hardened Pushrods, Yella Terra 1.85 Rockers, Some Hydropdipped Stuff, Strut Tower Brace, Some SS Badges, boost/vacuum gauge, fuel pressure gauge, some checkered stripes, drilled/slotted rotors, ZL1addons Stealth wickerbill, Ruxifey LED side markers

black
    1999 camaro z28

ok yes the screen then, so the wires are the two hanging inside that you don't want to tilt right?

flat black
    i dont understand what you mean by "tilt" them...def dont touch them...electrical contact cleaner is a good idea or if you are a meticulous person a qtip and rubbing alcohol and clean them carefully.

how did you get sucha build up everywhere and if its on the radiator i assume its on the AC condensor too...if/when you do clean them, running water only...do not use anything high pressure you will bend the delicate fins on the radiator and the condensor, in other words dont use an air hose

Thread Information