candy red
    98 Camaro Z28

Help with Car!!!

I put a new throttle body and my car has been running good, but the next day it was rainy as hell and i was driving through puddless of water for a while on my way to work when suddenly my car was struggling to run, and it kept dying , then it would turn fine but after a while the car would just die and have a weird idle, it was acting like a carburator, and i kept giving it gas to keep it alive. I was wondering if the rain had to do with any of this, I'm thinking that the water messup the o2 sensors since they were splice for my headers, or I was thinking that the water got to my maf? so what do yall think

Life in the Fast lane sunsetorangess's Avatar

Met. Sunset Orange
    01 SS

Are you throwing any codes?
    I would throw on the old tb and see if it cures the problem, I bet it will. Double check al you hoses and connections on the tb. What size did you put on there?
    just our of curiosity why did ya replace the ol one?
    J
    2001 SS, Its not the car its the Driver that matters....

2005 GTO M6 Black
    2000 Z28 A4 Red

Do you have a bottom feed ram air? what about ride height lowered or stock? How deep was the puddle? Did it do this directly after hitting a puddle? Not trying to scare ya in case its minor but when I did the same thing in my Z when it was lowered (hit a 3 inch puddle) water was forced up my ram air into the manifold and hydrolocked it. Broke one rod bent one and broke a piston. Would still run but could barely pull itself out of the puddle. Long story short. insurance claim for flood damage and a new engine hopefully yours is minor.
    Last edited by slims00ls1z28; 05-01-2007 at 10:59 PM.

candy red
    98 Camaro Z28

the puddle was like 3 inches, enough to keep splasing for a while, also after a while my ses kept flashing, i got free ram air, and also i dont have a air eflector since the dealership didnt install one

Black
    2005 GTO

First thing I would do is have the codes checked. That will give you a good starting point.

candy red
    98 Camaro Z28

well i checked it out at autozone an it said that number 1 bank sensor is bad and that is misfiring, if i did get water in my motor would that cause a misfire???

candy red
    98 Camaro Z28

I keep reading to use bosch 13111's or whatever but arent those o2 for after the cat, keep in mind I dont have cats and I need the 02's for the header. Also is for the bank 1 sensor

Thread Information