RED
    2002 SS Camaro LE

HELP! AIR system removal on 02 SS

Guys i am sure there are a zillion threads on this topic, but i am short of time.
    I am doing a head/cam/LT swap. I have everything done and i need to put my intake back on. However, i have removed the AIR system due to race headers. But the issue i am having is with the "T" like device on the back of the intake that has a small hose that runs to the drivers side of the intake. It connects to a module that is connected to the wiring harness. What do i do with these. I have removed the module, but what about the "T" like device on the back. are they fine open or do they need to be plugged.. Nobody seems to know..

BY THE WAY>> I HAVE TRIED LS1TECH>> no good responses.. and there are a zillion threads asking same question.

HELPPPPPPP

Moderators any info appr...
    Last edited by ksupersport02; 05-13-2008 at 04:17 AM. Reason: left something out.

hugger orange

Quote Originally Posted by ksupersport02 View Post
    Guys i am sure there are a zillion threads on this topic, but i am short of time.
    I am doing a head/cam/LT swap. I have everything done and i need to put my intake back on. However, i have removed the AIR system due to race headers. But the issue i am having is with the "T" like device on the back of the intake that has a small hose that runs to the drivers side of the intake. It connects to a module that is connected to the wiring harness. What do i do with these. I have removed the module, but what about the "T" like device on the back. are they fine open or do they need to be plugged.. Nobody seems to know..

BY THE WAY>> I HAVE TRIED LS1TECH>> no good responses.. and there are a zillion threads asking same question.

HELPPPPPPP

it needs to be pluged. if you leave it opened it will give you one hell of a vacum leak. any auto parts will have the rubber vacum caps you need. take the unused vacum line off and pop a vacum cap on the opened side of the (T)

you should beable to get a pack in the (HELP) section at autozone or advance auto parts with 4 or 5 different sizes in it for a few dollars
    hope I helped!

Bright Rally Red
    2000 Camaro SS #5075 M6

Quote Originally Posted by ksupersport02 View Post

HELPPPPPPP

theres a line coming from the driver side of the firewall that connects to one of the t openings the other ones needs to be capped.

hugger orange

Quote Originally Posted by splitfinger09 View Post
    theres a line coming from the driver side of the firewall that connects to one of the t openings the other ones needs to be capped.
    you know when I 1st read his thead I had flashbacks of nightmares from the 70 some vacum lines that were rotted or pulled off on my 84 honda crx 12 valve

Bright Rally Red
    2000 Camaro SS #5075 M6

Quote Originally Posted by mark21742 View Post
    you know when I 1st read his thead I had flashbacks of nightmares from the 70 some vacum lines that were rotted or pulled off on my 84 honda crx 12 valve
    haha wow, when it gets like that its all a guessing game. did you get it all hooked back up?

Pewter Metallic
    '00 Z/28

I believe it's the T that accuates the air from going from the top dash vent to the front vents... Make sure your A/C works on your front vents.

hugger orange

Quote Originally Posted by splitfinger09 View Post
    haha wow, when it gets like that its all a guessing game. did you get it all hooked back up?
    finally after about two months on just the vac lines i got it good enough to run, then took it to a honda tech

Pewter
    2002 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by mark21742 View Post
    it needs to be pluged. if you leave it opened it will give you one hell of a vacum leak. any auto parts will have the rubber vacum caps you need. take the unused vacum line off and pop a vacum cap on the opened side of the (T)

you should beable to get a pack in the (HELP) section at autozone or advance auto parts with 4 or 5 different sizes in it for a few dollars
    hope I helped!
    or for an even easier fix, just stick the tube onto one of the coil pack bolts. it's the perfect size and in the right area. that's what i did to mine and it's been good for months.

Thread Information