nbm
    99 z28

headers with true duals.

Looking for advise on headers and true dual exhaust. I'm thinking of pacesetters with the texas speed rumbler dual exhaust. anyone have any ground clearance problems with something like this? also wondering if I need a tune after I install this stuff?

Navy blue
    99SS452WHP / 05R1

I dont have any advice on clearance or anything but i know that a tune would slightly benefit you but would be kinda costly for just a slight benifit. You might wanna wait till u get a couple more parts to get more bang for your buck out of a tune

nbm
    99 z28

whats a tune normally cost?

White
    2000 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by luvmyz28 View Post
    Looking for advise on headers and true dual exhaust. I'm thinking of pacesetters with the texas speed rumbler dual exhaust. anyone have any ground clearance problems with something like this? also wondering if I need a tune after I install this stuff?
    I have paceheader long tubes with the Y pipe and magnaflow exhaust. My car is on SLP spring's. I cut 2 length's off the spring's and the car sit's real low. I don't have any clearence problem's with my application, so I think you should be fine.

Navy blue
    99SS452WHP / 05R1

That depends on the shop thats gonna do it..Im not exactly sure but it should run you somwhere around $600

nbm
    99 z28

thanks for the advise guys.

Black
    1999 Trans Am M6

Quote Originally Posted by spookyz28 View Post
    I have paceheader long tubes with the Y pipe and magnaflow exhaust. My car is on SLP spring's. I cut 2 length's off the spring's and the car sit's real low. I don't have any clearence problem's with my application, so I think you should be fine.
    spookyz28, do you have cats or an ory? do you have sound clips? cuz i have the magnaflow catback and plan on getting pacesetters.
    1999 Trans Am M6
    SLP Short Throw, Lid and CAI, Strano Springs, Koni Sport Shocks, BMR STB and SFC, UMI PHB, Pacesetter LT's and ORY, Magnaflow Catback, DMH 3" E-Cutout, LS7 Clutch, Motive 4.10, 160 T-Stat, MSD wires,, 17x9.5 Chrome C6's wrapped in Hankook 275/40/17

Tuned at Mongillo Motors in New Haven, CT - 303 RWHP and 308 RWTQ

black
    02 z28 vert M6

ahhh very nice thread! lol i wanna do the same thing,...but i kno with the LTs i needa cats delete right??? im guessing thats a fair price for both,..PS LTs&TS TDs?

Black
    1999 Trans Am M6

Quote Originally Posted by First Spray777 View Post
    ahhh very nice thread! lol i wanna do the same thing,...but i kno with the LTs i needa cats delete right??? im guessing thats a fair price for both,..PS LTs&TS TDs?
    u can run a catted y pipe with long tubes. some ppl like it for sound and cuz they're tree huggers lol. but some ppl need them to pass emissions. I don't think CT has a visual test for 96+ cars, so i'll prally save the $ and go ORY.

Navy blue
    99SS452WHP / 05R1

No prob Z28, thats what this site is for..good luck

black, 05 Roush
    black, 99 T/A WS.6

Quote Originally Posted by luvmyz28 View Post
    I have Pacesetter Lt's and TSP true duals (sweet thunder mufflers). They dont leave alot of clearance about 4-5 inches, they are 3" mandrel bent pipes and being that they are hooked to LT's there just isnt a way to get more clearance. Mine are tucked up as tight as I could get them. I just try to avoid the usual stuff like speed bumps and what not. had mine on for a year this summer and only scrape twice and it is daily driven. I love them. nice and docile at idle but scream at WOT. Hope that helps ya.
    1999 T/A WS6 Black -------SOLD
    05 mustang Roush sport;
    DOB manifold, m122 SC, 47lb injectors, gt500 TB, roush TVS CAI, Detroit rocker SC grind camshafts, Mac LTs, off road x, roush off road mufflers, roush short throw shifter, kenne bell BAP, Brenspeed 93 octane tune. 479rwhp 436ftlbs SAE.

black
    02 z28 vert M6

just what i was looking for......the screeming at WOT but nice n quiet when shes not playing haha

Thread Information