Silver/Pewter
    2000 C5 Corvette 6psd

Headers in the Gold State?

Hey this may be a goofy question, but does anybody have long tube headers in CA? I am getting a system with O2 simulators put in my C5 right now; I have heard that with cats (and mufflers) the car will still pass the actual smog dyno/sniffer test, just not the visual. Seeing the car is so low, I doubt they will realize that the cats have moved (to the back of the car) and also due to the motor's position, unless they REALLY stare it down, they probably wont even see the headers. What have your guys experiences been with this? (LS1s with long tubes in CA). I have a connection to take care of smog for now but am wondering for later on down the line. Any thoughts?
    -Speedster

Bright Rally Red
    2000 Camaro SS #5075 M6

I just installed my Kooks the other day. I have a year before I smog so I don't really know what I'm gonna do. Only options are 1. put it back to stock 2. slip someone some money and see if they will pass you 3. or register it in a smog free county or diff state. LT's are 100% illegal in Cali so as soon as they open the hood your gonna fail...

Silver/Pewter
    2000 C5 Corvette 6psd

I just got it back today. MAN what a difference and I havent even gotten the computer programmed to stop the error code for the o2 sensors yet! LT's make this thing sound so meannnnn. What's great is that this car is actually quieter on idle/light driving, (no more exhaust drone) but as soon as you gun it the thing SCREAMS. I think the car should still pass the dyno sniffer with my high flow cats, so I just have to find someone who won't look underneath the hood.

Bright Rally Red
    2000 Camaro SS #5075 M6

Quote Originally Posted by AntsSilverC5 View Post
    I just got it back today. MAN what a difference and I havent even gotten the computer programmed to stop the error code for the o2 sensors yet! LT's make this thing sound so meannnnn. What's great is that this car is actually quieter on idle/light driving, (no more exhaust drone) but as soon as you gun it the thing SCREAMS. I think the car should still pass the dyno sniffer with my high flow cats, so I just have to find someone who won't look underneath the hood.

Thread Information